Car Spotting - European Edition

Drew Dowdell

Yeah, it's a month late, but here we go:

Ford Focus Cabrio, this was my friends' wedding limo.

Posted Image

Opel Astra Twintop

Posted Image

Posted Image

Chevy Alero

Posted Image

Fiat has a deal with Chrysler to take excess parts inventory..

Posted Image

Not to be outdone, Mercury is in a parts sharing program with Seat

Posted Image

Posted Image

Citroen C4 - Hot little hatch... should be sold here.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Saturn Aura Combi..... no... wait...

Posted Image

Opel Astra <Maxx>

Posted Image

Sexiest wagon EVAR, Alfa 159

Posted Image

Alfa 159 Sedan

Posted Image

Edited by Oldsmoboi

I prefer the Astra also, however I think both would sell here really well. The Focus was a 2.0 litre turbodiesel that was as smooth or smoother than any 4-cylinder gasoline engine we have here. All that low end torque made it feel like a V6 around town. It also has a monochrome LCD NAV that was an interesting option inbetween full color nav and no nav at all.

Eh.. It's not very attractive, if you ask me. As well, I can see where our Focus got its headlights.

I think it would be a good car for the bottom end of the Citroen lineup in the US. They need to bring over everything from the C4 up.

Agreed that the 159 is the sexiest wagon evar, especially in black. In the spirit of this thread, here's the one I saw Salzburg...

Posted Image

Absolute power, corrupting absolutely in Prague. Pilsner, too:

Posted Image

If the 159 takes the title of sexiest wagon, the Renault Megane can be the funkiest. This one was in London. Me likey:

Posted Image

A Ford Fiesta ST, also in London. It's very Germanic (the car, not the city).

Posted Image

Hydrogen 7:

Posted Image

Rare Focush shedan shomewhere in Holland. Looks like a Esh40:

Posted Image

Edited by empowah

Cool..cool... I miss Europe...I must get across the pond next year...been too long since I was last in Europe (3 years).

One of the sharpest wagons/wagon-like vehicles I remember from my '03 Italy trip was a black Opel Signum in traffic outside the Collesium in Rome....across the street from the Collesium was a dark blue Tahoe with a dark gray Trail Blazer parked behind it..they looked HUGE amidst typical compact European cars....

Some more:

There were a bunch of these ugly little critters running around.

Posted Image

Chevy Captiva... I've seen someone say it's bigger than the Vue. Looks the same to me.

Posted Image

Volvo C30

Posted Image

Posted Image

The elustive Peugoet 407s... I could never get a good shot of these cars but I think they are very attractive in person especially the coupes

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now... Imagine Dodge continued selling the Colt Vista wagon in 2005.

Now... Imagine Dodge shared the platform with VW.

Now... Imagine VW had their way with it and put a turbo diesel and 6 speed manual in it.

You get a 2005 Volkwagen Touran.... the most strangely optioned car I've ever been in.

Posted Image

It handles about as well as you'd expect a 2005 Dodge Colt Vista to handle. My German friend's reluctance to use the A/C was surpassed only by the climate control system's utter inability to carry out such a task once requested.

The Touran was optioned thusly:

2 litre turbo diesel

6-speed manual

Power front windows

hand crank rear windows

dual zone automatic climate control

eletronic stability control

FM/CD, front speakers only

no cruise

Rear fog lights, no front fog lights