Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
!!!TED!!!

2008 Jetta Wagon at the Georgian College Autoshow

11 posts in this topic

The Jetta wagon made a showing at the corner of the VW tent. It was a pre-production model, and as so, was locked.

Giant pizza slice tailamps look wierd in person as much as in pictures.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So bland I thought they were already out.

i like it. In TDI, might be a nice sleeper car for family road trips. As long as it runs.

It looks kind of like a Saab from the side profile. I agree I don't like the tailights either, they kind of ruined the overall look. But the new Tdi is going to be awesome, 500+ miles on a tank easy.

i like it. In TDI, might be a nice sleeper car for family road trips. As long as it runs.

Agreed. Roomy back seat, wagon cargo space, fifty-state 40+ MPG economy, DSG gearbox...

There's something "retro" about this new wagon's hind quarters... it reminds me of a VW 412 wagon. I wish I had a picture. The diesel will rock, just as VW diesels always have.

so you're getting this as the jetta wagon? over here it's the golf wagon.

it's definitely not a stylish station wagon.

It sort of looks like what a Toyota Corolla wagon would look like if Toyota still offered a Corolla wagon. Bland, Bland, Bland.

This is where the problem with the Jetta exists; it looks like a Corolla wannabe without the reliability. Instead of aping the Corolla's looks and ignoring the Corolla's reliability, VW should make the Jetta look distinctively German and include some of the Corolla's reliablility into the mix. It would then maybe have a class leading, desirable product.

Not bad. Diesel would be a nice option.

If VW wants success here, they have to design cars with the American market in mind. The problem with the latest Jetta is that Jettas have traditionally been Golfs with trunks, and while that worked fine in the previous gen, it doesn't with the latest Golf. VW made the new Golf taller to be more practical, and that doesn't translate well into a sedan.

If they can be bothered to make a Passat CLS, Veyron, Flying Spur, Gallardo, and other cars that don't make money, I'm sure they can afford to design a Jetta sports sedan specifically for the US market.

Come to think of it, a good mass-produced people's car is every bit as great an engineering achievement as a 252 MPH supercar, especially in today's climate.

Edited by empowah

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0