New pickup (update with pic)

A couple weeks ago, there was a little accident on the farm. One of the guys we have working for harvest sideswiped my dads 04 Silverado with a piece of equipment. Destroyed the whole driver side of the pickup. The insurance company totalled it. Hopefully tomorrow my dad will be picking up a 2008 Silverado LT1. Optioned for the 5.3, the 3.73, and trailering package. Nothing too special, but will be much nicer than his 04 Silv. LS. If he gets it tomorrow I will try to snap a few pics.

Edited by scharmer05

I got to snap a couple pics of the new truck after church this morning.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I drove it for a while last night. Having been the first time I've spent some quality time in these new trucks, I found a lot of things that impressed me. The added power can be felt, and the new interior is light years ahead of the 800's. I know it will stand up to whatever gets thrown at it. The 170 degree rear doors and the rear seat that folds up flatter than it did in the 800s will definitely come in handy when throwing stuff in the back.

The pickup also has a couple of neat options that my dad did not mention, the curtain airbags all around, which I hope never need to be used, and the EZ lift tailgate. My mom definitely liked the EZ lift, but I left the tailgate open last night for a while and it bounces around like mad when you go over a bump. The only time I can think that it may be a problem is when the 4-wheeler is in back, which is a little too long to let the tailgate close. I'm sure it can be tied up with the 4-wheeler somehow though.

That's a nice looking truck, scharmer. I'm sure your dad will appreciate all the improvements GM made.

Can I just say one thing, so I can get it out of my system? Forgive me for what I am about to say.

"Don't squeeze the Scharmer!" There, now I feel better.

The interior looks great. Even though it's a "work truck" dash, it still looks very stylish and modern, especially with those gauges. I'm lovin' the black/light grey interiors from GM these days... the CTS and Acadia also have them. Black carpeting adds contrast and makes a lot of practical sense too.

That's a nice looking truck, scharmer. I'm sure your dad will appreciate all the improvements GM made.

Can I just say one thing, so I can get it out of my system? Forgive me for what I am about to say.

"Don't squeeze the Scharmer!" There, now I feel better.

......junior high and high school all over again.......

Nice truck, I see from the cell phone (motorola V325) your dad is on Verizon! :smilewide:

Unfortunately that is pretty much all we have to pick from up here. That or Alltel if you went coverage all over the state. Sprint has gotten a lot better up here as of late, and I would love to leave Verizon. Everyone I talk to is on Verizon though, so it is kind of hard for me to justify leaving when I would be giving up all those free minutes.

I really do like the white too. I don't love many white vehicles either. I was trying to convince him on Sunday how nice it would look with new rims on it. He could switch to a nice set of chrome 17s for a very reasonable price and it would really set the pickup off. It would look a little different as well. He doesn't see why he needs to. He's old, what does he know.

Unfortunately that is pretty much all we have to pick from up here. That or Alltel if you went coverage all over the state. Sprint has gotten a lot better up here as of late, and I would love to leave Verizon. Everyone I talk to is on Verizon though, so it is kind of hard for me to justify leaving when I would be giving up all those free minutes.

In Delaware Verizon had the best signal no matter where I was.

In Delaware Verizon had the best signal no matter where I was.

Oh, they have the best signal around here as well. Another reason why am stuck with them. I hate the program that they put on there phones though. Cripples anything I would really like to do with it. It is just a phone and that is it. Blutooth is very cool, when Verizon doesn't cut out all of it's features. Txt messaging is much less annoying when don't have Verizon's program making the phone painfully slow. Unless I move somewhere else though, this is what I have to deal with.