A GMT-900 in our future?

Farkas

So a while back, I posted that my mom was interested in buying a Saturn Outlook. However, my parents need something that can tow our trailer (Our Dakota does it, barely!). It's an Aerolite 26' that comes in around 4200 pounds. They've come to the conclusion that the Outlook won't fit the bill, and moved on to the next step. That step is either a Silverado/Sierra or Tahoe/Suburban. They've been cruising the internet to find deals on what will be left-over '07's.

Part of the renewed look into a car is my fault. I am applying to college, and colleges look at how much equity you have, and if you have a car payment/mortgage/etc... your financial package usually increases. Cheating the system slightly, but whatever :P.

Coupled with the fact that I keep showing my dad (the Toyota lover of the family) all the negative press the Tundra has had, I've almost got him convinced on a GM product. So w00t to that. :)

Hopefully its within the next month or so, because the financial paperwork is due very soon. I'm pretty excited about the whole thing. :D

I'd suggest a GMC Sierra, they're very stylish, nicely optioned, and are professional grade. A Silverado, even though it's a Chevy ( :P ) would also suffice. But I'm baised towards GMC and would recommend a Sierra if they are indeed set on a pickup. Plus it will come in handy moving you and your belongings into college next fall!

My 2007 Tahoe has given me 24k trouble-free, rattle free, and exciting miles. I cannot wait to get into the truck at the end of a hard day.

It tows our '57 Buick wagon with ease - and at 80 mph was still giving us 16-18 mpg with that pig behind us, with both AC systems on high...what a truck!

I highly recommend them to EVERYONE!

My 2007 Tahoe has given me 24k trouble-free, rattle free, and exciting miles. I cannot wait to get into the truck at the end of a hard day.

It tows our '57 Buick wagon with ease - and at 80 mph was still giving us 16-18 mpg with that pig behind us, with both AC systems on high...what a truck!

I highly recommend them to EVERYONE!

agreed. And they are quite fun to drive too! :thumbsup: