Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

G8 to launch with Limited Edition

Limited-Edition Pontiac G8: 888 Cars Will Celebrate Launch
Posted Image
Link to Original Article @ Edmunds

DETROIT — As Pontiac's new G8 performance flagship readies for production, a limited edition of 888 vehicles has been announced to celebrate the launch. The early sedans will feature a unique Vehicle Identification Number sequence (001 through 888), along with a special instrument panel plaque that designates the car as one of the first 888 G8s to reach American shores.

With over 2,000 Pontiac dealers in the U.S., not every dealer will receive one of the limited-edition 888 cars. Pontiac says eligible dealers will be apprised of their individual 888 allocation by the end of November.

Due to arrive in showrooms early next year, the 3.6-liter V6-equipped 2008 G8 will start at $27,595, and the 6.0-liter V8-powered G8 GT is priced at $29,995.

Cool. Viva La Zeta.

Hopefully these cars don't make the dealer think they can mark them up because they're special editions.

Wow... you're quite the optimist. ;)

Hopefully these cars don't make the dealer think they can mark them up because they're special editions.

Gee...ya think? Hell, the dealer here in CR made so many enemies with the GTOs he had (WITH A $3000 MARKET ADJUSTMENT PRICE) that I can BET he will do it all over again with an even hotter car. I liked the GTO, but his marketing and dealership made me turn my back to it ( the other dealers are an hour away if I needed serviced ) I love the G8 and may buy one if they are as hot as they look. A GT wagon in that cool blue will look great with my wife and kids in it!

Well... {heavy sigh}... if it can't be unique sheetmetal, at least the owner can point to the tiny little VIN sequence, provided the light is just right, mind you...

Now now, this is still GM we're talking about. There will be a big, gaudy plaque inside as well.