hehehe

ocnblu

A sweet little old lady came in today for an estimate on her Glacier Blue Buick Century (amazingly, with chrome, late-model Intrigue wheels on it with Buick center caps, hmmm... was that an obscure Century special edition built after Intrigue production ended?)

Anyway, she was sitting in the office, shooting the breeze with my manager, telling him the story of how her right front corner got banged up. She was in a local mall parking lot, "when a lady driving a Lincoln Town House hit me!"

We all managed to keep it together while she was with us, but when she left, we were rolling. All I could think of was asking her "3 bedroom, 2 and a half baths?" But I held my tongue. Hehehehehe, oh man. :)

A sweet little old lady came in today for an estimate on her Glacier Blue Buick Century (amazingly, with chrome, late-model Intrigue wheels on it with Buick center caps, hmmm... was that an obscure Century special edition built after Intrigue production ended?)

Yep... That was a 2003&4 option I believe. Very obscure but I've seen a few like that.

Posted Image

Edited by vonVeezelsnider

That was funny. That really was.. That trim had bucket seats too. It was close to a base Regal LS. When Oldsmobile passed on, its parts were willed out to other GM vehicles:

Grand Am lower body doors switched to the Alero ones

Century got the Intrigue wheels

Rainier got The Bravada parts as well as SAAB 9-7x

Bonneville got the Aurora seats and a V8. GM wanted to filled the void left by Aurora 4.0 with the Bonneville GXP

When the 98 passed on in 1996, the Eighty Eight got the seats and the wheels, the grille and other features. They put them on the Eighty Eight and called it Regency for 1997 to 1998. It was equal to the 1984-1985 Delta 88 Royale Brougham LS. This did not go over well on customers.

Guest YellowJacket894

Ninety-Eight... the Grand Am and Alero always shared doors, it's just that the Pontiac covered the Alero "cove" up with cladding until the last couple of years.

For comparison's sake:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by YellowJacket894

Back about 12 years ago while in college, I had a job at an insurance company taking accident claims from policy holders. One guy called in to report that his Buick La-Sa-Bra (LeSabre to the rest of us) had been hit. I didn't correct him outright, but I did pronounce it "LeSabre" when I had to mention the name. He on the otherhand continually called it "La-Sa-Bra" throughout. I still can hear him saying it when I think back to that day! :lol: