Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Personal Air Land Vehicle

GM should look into this technology. It will be the wave of the future, and GM should get into it now.

I been having the urge to learn how to fly. My wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I said I want to learn how to fly a helicopter. Hopefully I will get lessons on just that, Christmas day.

Posted ImagePosted Image

LINK: http://www.diseno-art.com/encyclopedia/str...icles/PALV.html

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Cool idea, as long as there's regerous certification to be able to fly that thing, because most of the population would be too stupid to fly it, they can barely drive after all.

Yes...imagine all the morons yakking on their cellphones or reading email and crashing into power lines, trees, tall buildings...this would be just the ticket for mass mayhem..

Just think about rush hour on the freeway. Wait ...... I'm sorry. Just think about rush hour above the freeway. Nightmare comes to mind.

As an Experimental Aircraft Association member, I think flying is great, but it's not for everyone. Just think about "Grama and Grampa" in their Buick flymobile or some kid in a "Ricemocopter".

The only way this would work: if you wanted to fly your car you would have to drive to an airport, get clearance, give them your intended route/etc, and then fly to another airport, land and drive to your destination. You would never be able to take off from the road or your house.

Regular airliners and rental cars would likely remain more efficient.