Riviera in Detroit in Jan; next Lacrosse coming "soon"

buickguy

I'm happy to see this confirmed. This should help unite Buick US & Chinese design. Both markets need to be comfortable with the same design language. I see no problem with the Riviera concept being accepted in the US as a projection of future Buick design.

I think the LaCrosse is going to shock a lot of people. It's as critical to Buick as Cadillac's 2008 CTS.

I'm happy to see this confirmed. This should help unite Buick US & Chinese design. Both markets need to be comfortable with the same design language. I see no problem with the Riviera concept being accepted in the US as a projection of future Buick design.

I think the LaCrosse is going to shock a lot of people. It's as critical to Buick as Cadillac's 2008 CTS.

Hope so on the Lacrosse.

As for the Riviera, I never "got it" based on pictures and such shown until now, but that one on the Cars.com link has me thinking otherwise. Take a lot of the expressive design cues--that are also VERY Buick--off the nose alone and transform onto other production Buicks, and it'd be a great thing. Not 100% copy, but we'd go from the very, very bland (yet still nice) Lucerne snoze to something more interesting, swooping, detailed, etc...all of which could carry along the sides and all over, like that Riviera.

Overall, the Riviera is still a bit weird, but there's usable details there.

We shall see. The Lacrosse covered in camo is questionable, but it always is in such a state. I have no doubt on the quality/interior/drivetrain, just waiting to see the final design. If it can be at all an "Enclave sedan", in various regards, it shall do well.

Hmm....I like that Riviera....

Now that it is coming to the Chicago Auto Show, I may just have to go this February....

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"It's a pudding made of figs ... and bacon" ... Gonzo to Miss Piggy/John Denver and Muppets ... 'We Wish You A Merry Christmas'

Anyone know when we will see the LaCrosse replacement? I have the itch for a new car.

So far we've test driven;

Malibu - Great car; awesome engine; good handling; alot of car for the money - My wife doesn't like the headrest

Lucerne - Not as nice as the Malibu and too "big" for my taste

Slightly used CTS - Just can't get over the interior, but LOVE the car

New CTS - A little small for our family for the amount it would cost.

STS V8 - Where do I start on how how much I love this car. If only I could find a used, low mileage one that fits my budget. The only flaw I could find with the car is the cost to purchase it. Heck, if I could get the payments right on a V6 with Nav and heated / cooled front seats, I would take it.

I'm hoping the new LaCrosse would be a good compromise between an STS and Malibu.

Anyone know when we will see the LaCrosse replacement? I have the itch for a new car.

So far we've test driven;

Malibu - Great car; awesome engine; good handling; alot of car for the money - My wife doesn't like the headrest

Lucerne - Not as nice as the Malibu and too "big" for my taste

Slightly used CTS - Just can't get over the interior, but LOVE the car

New CTS - A little small for our family for the amount it would cost.

STS V8 - Where do I start on how how much I love this car. If only I could find a used, low mileage one that fits my budget. The only flaw I could find with the car is the cost to purchase it. Heck, if I could get the payments right on a V6 with Nav and heated / cooled front seats, I would take it.

I'm hoping the new LaCrosse would be a good compromise between an STS and Malibu.

G8 is almost here!!!!!!!

G8 is almost here!!!!!!!

I'm not a G8 fan. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice car, just not my style. I want something more on the quite and compliant side this time. I love the STS because you get the sport and the luxury wrapped up in one.