Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FUTURE_OF_GM

THE CURE FOR:

14 posts in this topic

I almost fell out of my drivers side window when I noticed this Chevrolet advertisement on a billboard parallel to I-85 in Charlotte NC.

The ad is sponsored by Sonny Hancock Chevrolet.

I'm home for a week. But when I go back to Charlotte, I *WILL* get a picture, you can bet on it!

I was LOVING every minute of it! I mean, just with the term 'yuppie' alone they have what, like 85% of Toyota's clientele captured.

:Toyota::chevy::metal::D

EDIT: Der, I spelled Yankee wrong... LOL.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

Wait a minute...

Yankees? :angry:

I hereby dub thee "honorary southern"

*hands Camino his custom confederate flag avatar*

:ph34r:

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

Am I...

1. Young

2. Urban

3. Professional

???

Yes.

Am I a traditional "YUPPIE"?

No.

The term needs to be redefined.

Am I...

1. Young

2. Urban

3. Professional

???

Yes.

No.

I agree.

What's wrong with Yankees?

Damn_Yankees.jpg

8)

Am I...

1. Young

2. Urban

3. Professional

???

Yes.

No.

I think 'FOG' has confused 'yuppie' with 'mainstream'..... mainstream car buyers buy Toyota, Nissan, Hondas... Yuppies buy premium brands--Audi, BMW, Lexus, etc.

I think 'FOG' has confused 'yuppie' with 'mainstream'..... mainstream car buyers buy Toyota, Nissan, Hondas... Yuppies buy premium brands--Audi, BMW, Lexus, etc.

I didn't put the ad up.

Most yuppies here buy Toyotas, Hondas and the occassional Subaru, VW or Acura. The mid premium and premium brands are usually reserved for the "old business guys" (Old being 45 and up, and yes, I know that isn't really 'old')

Besides, just because someone is mainstream doesn't mean they can't be qualified as yuppie.

Another interesting note: Mazda seems to be big with the college people. Of course, a friend of mine bought a new 6 for way below sticker, so maybe that's why.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

Ever tried telling a Camry or Accord driver that Lexus and Acura make better cars? Good luck with that one... From my experience, Camry and Accord drivers tend to have the delusion their cars are as good as or better than many of the near-luxury/mid-luxury offerings offered by the same (Lexus/Acura) or different companies (Cadillac/BMW/Mercedes-Benz).

Ever tried telling a Camry or Accord driver that Lexus and Acura make better cars? Good luck with that one... From my experience, Camry and Accord drivers tend to have the delusion their cars are as good as or better than many of the near-luxury/mid-luxury offerings offered by the same (Lexus/Acura) or different companies (Cadillac/BMW/Mercedes-Benz).

Yes, but Toyotas and Hondas are still just mass-market, mainstream brands. A key aspect of yuppidom is the conspicious consumption of premium branded merchandise...

Yes, but Toyotas and Hondas are still just mass-market, mainstream brands. A key aspect of yuppidom is the conspicious consumption of premium branded merchandise...

Agreed, but here is where we fall victim to the 'perception' of the consumer. Camry/Accord drivers perceive their cars as premium branded items... when they're not. Reality should eventually set in and they'll realize they drive vehicles that compete against Chevrolet, Hyundai, and Ford... not BMW.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room