DAMN cool new car in the family

scharmer05

My 62 year old uncle made a new purchase about a month ago I found out. We don't see them too much do I didn't hear about it until we were at their house for Christmas this evening.

He picked up a 2007 Foose Mustang convertible. Roush supercharger and everything on it, so it scoots. I know we are all GM guys here for the most part, but you have to appreciate this ride. I really wish I would have had a camera with so that I could have snapped some pics. It is black on top, and cinnamon on the bottom (a mix of orange and maroon). Foose wheels, revised front and rear fascia, new hood, roll bar.

Maybe you guys don't think it is as cool as me. I'm a mustang guy at heart even though I am a GM fan. I have a 69 Mustang sitting in a shed on our farm waiting for the time and funds to make it what it used to be. It was my dads when he was in high school, and he gave it to me when I got my license. It has never really ran right so it sits, waiting for me to do something with it someday. It's not in that bad of shape and really just needs a new motor, but if I'm going to do the motor, I'm going to do the rear end, and the tranny, and the wheels, and the tires, and the exhaust and so on and so forth. It is just a lot of little things that pile on top of each other.

Maybe I should send in a entry to overhaulin'. Wouldn't it be neat to have a 69 and a 07 both done by Chip? It might just get me on the show.

Anyway that is my rant for this early morning...sorry.

Also, what makes me telling you that he is 62 significant: He owned a 67 Shelby GT 500 Mustang back in 67, got rid of it in 69 (Only if he had known what he had back then). He always wanted another Mustang, but could never really justify it. So....the license plate on the new one reads "NOWRNVR".....perfect

Very cool story, Mr. Scharmer. And Mustangs are cool... Ford kept to their original formula more faithfully overall (although the ginormous '71-'73 and kneejerkingly tiny '74-'78 are questionable) than others in the segment... that's why no interruption in production since '64.

I rented an '07 Mustang convertible while in California a couple months back and it was a very decent ride, even with 'just' the 6. At least he did not buy a Solara convertible - now therein lies a waste of metal and (mostly) plastic!

I have a 69 Mustang ... has never really ran right so it sits

its a 69 mustang it never will.

i used to have a 69 MACH 1 and what a bitch. wouldn't start in the winter and vapor locked in the summer. once it started you could not shut it off. but the guy who has it now completely rebuilt from the ground up and told me the last time i seen him that, "This engine no matter what is the most temperamental thing i have ever seen, I think of Elenore in gone in sixty seconds the Shelby mustang"

I hope they day comes, cause when it runs it is sex on wheels!

and congrats to your uncle I'm jealous....

Don't be telling me I am a hater - I like the new Mustangs, have great memories of my sister's Mustang II, and have always enjoyed the '69 and 70 mustangs. Your Uncle's car sounds great. And a FOOSE on top of it! HOW SWEEET! I met him two years ago at his shop - he is very generous with his time (what little he has) and will sign anything you put in front of him. If you are ever in Huntington Beach California, go see his shop and see what little space he has to turn out the work he does. There is a ton to look at in the shop, but it is only open from 12-1, so get there early.

Your family is quite lucky to have such a car in the fleet! How 'bout some photos of you driving the beast?

Sweet pics?

I didn't snap any pics but I did some web searching and this is the closest I found.

The one of the left is his car basically, except the two tone is opposite and his is more of a orangy-maroon rather than red. It doesn't have the hood scoop either. Instead he has a nicely bulged hood that starts the bulge near the front of the hood and runs all they way back. The two-tone switched around makes a ton of difference as it looks great with the black leather wrapped roll bar when the top is down and with the black top when the top is up. It's one sweet ride.

its a 69 mustang it never will.

i used to have a 69 MACH 1 and what a bitch. wouldn't start in the winter and vapor locked in the summer. once it started you could not shut it off. but the guy who has it now completely rebuilt from the ground up and told me the last time i seen him that, "This engine no matter what is the most temperamental thing i have ever seen, I think of Elenore in gone in sixty seconds the Shelby mustang"

I hope they day comes, cause when it runs it is sex on wheels!

and congrats to your uncle I'm jealous....

My dream is the drop a 351 Cleveland into the '69. Hopefully with a little help I could get it running perfectly.

Congrats on your Uncle's new musclecar. :D

-----

The Mustang II was and always will be a joke. Fffffff-ugly