Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Trying to find a Tahoe

Well, after my Mom had her car obliterated in a head-on collision (can the "curse" affect you family too?) she will need a new vehicle. And not being in the financial position to buy a new vehicle we decided to go used. Mom wants a Tahoe, specifically a Black Tahoe. It will still be quite a while before my Mom will be able to drive but my Dad an I are looking anyway, and we have noticed that there are hardly any used Tahoes out there. The few that are just aren't appealing or in a color my Mom doesn't like. Now I suppose we could go the GMC route and get here a Yukon, but she is pretty much set on a Tahoe. So I guess fuel milage concerns aren't really affecting anyone around here as new SUVs pop up everywhere and we can't find a nice used Tahoe anywhere. Hopefully when she will be able to drive in a few months we will find a good one.

I wouldn't mind a Tahoe myself, especially if it were a 4x4 in the super rare two-door with barn doors configuration. A manual trans would make it twice as badass :thumbsup:

..... did they ever make a two-door barn door Tahoe with a stick?

Depending on the year & trim you're looking for...Tahoes aren't THAT hard to find, well, unless you have an unrealistic price in mind. Even then, they're out there.

Aside from local ads & papers, have use perused places like Autotrader.com and Cars.com? So far, as used car buying goes, we've purchased 2, finding 1 on each of those sites.

I like stories! Do tell!

Late in '94, I ordered a 2-door Tahoe with the 5spd. manual in black. After waiting 9 months for the truck to show-up, I went to the dealer to discover that it had arrived - in light blue metallic. The idiot salesman put the order in with the wrong color code.

I took back my deposit and told them to keep it.

Late in '94, I ordered a 2-door Tahoe with the 5spd. manual in black. After waiting 9 months for the truck to show-up, I went to the dealer to discover that it had arrived - in light blue metallic. The idiot salesman put the order in with the wrong color code.

I took back my deposit and told them to keep it.

Sounds much like the story my father tells me about getting burned on a brand new C20 Silverado in 1985. If you think of the typical Chevrolet/GMC two-toning of the time, my father wanted his truck to be red on the top and bottom and white through the middle. It got delivered just the opposite, with red above the brushed stainless trim on the cab to make it look even more ridiculous. The interior he asked for was all wrong too. He took back his money and drove his old truck for three more years.