Random - wind

The wind around here is crazy, trucks were getting blown all over the highway on my way in this morning.

The power keeps going out every half hour and taking out the network. Fun. I blame the wind.

For some reason it's 11AM and the whole lab smells like fried chicken, but nobody knows why, or where the chicken is. Not sure if I can blame the wind for that one.

Shaping up to be a strange day.

Anybody else experience crazy winds?

Apparently I spoke too soon on the wierd day.

A coworker went home to work from there where the power outages won't be as much of an interruption. He's very thankful now that he made that decision, because the wind blew around the power line running to his house and caught his roof on fire. He detected it early enough to save the house. Probably if he'd stayed here he would have come home tonight to a burned down house.

we had a ton of wind last night in Columbus... it was blowing my CTS around... i would've hated driving a van, much less a truck in all that shenanigans

Guest YellowJacket894

Well, speaking of wind, it's back at my house with a vengeance. And the rain is horrible, as well.

TV's out. Obviously, the weather's to blame.

Edited by YellowJacket894

In the Toronto Star today, there was a picture of a Volvo V40 wagon practically folded in half from a big tree landing on it. Thankfully it was parked with nobody inside. So Volvo, you have a rollover test, where's your tree-falls-on-car test? :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by the_yellow_dart

Think positive!

It's a chance for each and every poster here to put up a wind turbine and collect all that free energy. If you get a Volt, you can connect your Volt directly to the turbine at night and get a charge out of it. :AH-HA_wink:

Not windy here but the temp. is dropping... fast. I'm glad to have the Roadmaster

since Pushrod V8s put out great heat.