TCC: Buick Riviera Concept Will Morph Into Next LaCrosse

wildcat

In a blog, Paul Eisenstein of The Car Connection revealed on January 11, 2008 that what we're seeing as the Buick Riviera Concept Vehicle is, in fact, a good indication of what the NG Buick LaCrosse will look like.

Eisenstein says, in part, "In production form, as the next LaCrosse, the prototype will give up the gullwings and gain an additional two conventional doors. The 'Shanghai-by-night' interior will be toned down a fair degree, but the overall resemblance will be obvious and, insiders insist, striking. The cabin will boast a much more Lexus-like look . . . 'It will be one killer LaCrosse,' promises [ Dave ] Lyon [ of GM ]."

To read the entire report, click here and scroll down a little.

Edited by wildcat

If it doesn't violate copyright, could one of the artistic talents here please edit one of those spyshots of the white LaCrosse next to one of the Riviera concept, both from a similar angle? It would be interesting to compare and imagine with them side-by-side. Thank you.

Edited by wildcat

I doubt you'd say that if you ever actually saw the car.

My taste doesn't usually run to Buick, but the 2000 LaCrosse concept is one of the most beautiful concepts I have ever laid eyes on.

Chock full of unique features as well.

looks like a 2003 Chevy SS concept rebadged...

ssconcept03.jpg

The LaCrosse concept is very cool (One of my favorite personally) but its time has past,

I'd say even the Velite's time is past. You can't make a car that close to the concept that many years later.

If this resembles the Riviera I think we'll all be impressed but a coupe options would raise Buick's image tenfold. A LaCrosse coupe will collect the younger buyers.

I love both the Chevrolet SS-sedan FOUR DOOR HARDTOP

and the 2000 LaCrosse FOUR DOOR HARDTOP concepts

were awsome, I just wish GM stopped teasing us, after all

they can't even produce a TWO door production hardtop &

they've never had a gull-wing door production car.

I hate a c@ck tease.

Either make the Riviera concept WITH gullwing doors or at

least make it a true two door hardtop, how many sedans

do we need? I wish today's Buick cars had the outrageous

& stunning looks of a '39 Century, '71 Riviera or '59 E225.

god the side profile of the lacrosse concept is gorgeous..... i like how not only the four windows roll down, but the C pillar glass too! the epitome of a hardtop

3 side windows on each side + back-light = SEVEN dissapearing

windows on a four door hardtop! Seven windows that all hide

away in the sexy, sculpted bodywork and ZERO b-pillars.

Explain to me again why it's TOO difficult to make a TWO door

hardtop Camaro with 2 side windows & 2 baby 1/4 windows.

AWESOME NEWS!!!

I'm tellin' ya... Buick is becoming everything Cadillac wants to be! It's going to be sad when Buicks are more desirable than Cadillacs here in the states.

The Lacrosse concept is one of my favorites too, but the Riviera is no slouch! Either way, the new LAX production model will be awesome.

buicl01.jpg

Also shared the stage with this bad ass concept:

Buick_Blackhawk_Eight.jpg

The Buick Blackhawk (I used to have an awesome picture of it doing a burnout.)

I always loved the engine bay and clam shell hood of the Lacrosse concept. (Used to have pix of that too)

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

The Blackhawk is not a concept, it's a custom show car, a chop-job based on actual pre-existing Buick models and a few other GM components; built as a tribute to the penchant of classic Buick owners to do similar things to their own cars (in many cases sacrilege in my opinion, but hey …).

Whatever... To me, corporate showcar = concept.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

In a blog, Paul Eisenstein of The Car Connection revealed on January 11, 2008 that what we're seeing as the Buick Riviera Concept Vehicle is, in fact, a good indication of what the NG Buick LaCrosse will look like.

IIRC the winning LaCrosse design is a Chinese design, so it isn't that surprising. I think the styling theme of the Enclave evolved well into the Riviera and I expect it to evolve just as well into the LaCrosse.