My new 2007 Pontiac Torrent... (w/PICS!)

It is exceptionally fun to drive and is a little darty like a go-kart and the transmission is amazing, no more 4spd. auto's for me. The interior is functional and pretty attractive, and now I am ordering my accessories. :AH-HA_wink: My wife better like driving the Bonneville, to work because even I want a purple SUV now. (I didn't think it would drive that good!)

IMGP5835_SM.jpg

IMGP5836_SM.jpg

IMGP5837_SM.jpg

IMGP5838_SM.jpg

IMGP5839_SM.jpg

IMGP5840_SM.jpg

IMGP5841_SM.jpg

IMGP5843_SM.jpg

IMGP5844_SM.jpg

IMGP5845_SM.jpg

IMGP5846_SM.jpg

Edited by gm4life

That Purple color looks amazing in real life photos.

Take some more during the day time.

Good luck with your new ride. I always have had a soft spot for the Equi/Torri. People unnecessarily make them a punching bag. They are decent vehicles.

I paid 16,300 new! With 103 miles! Thanks today it wasn't sunny at all, I will get some more and post them. They are a screaming deal, and the interior on them is very nice and materials are worlds better than my Impala or Bonneville. They don't deserve to be the punching bag they drive great I think. Thanks guys. Pray for sun on Sunday...

I paid 16,300 new! With 103 miles! Thanks today it wasn't sunny at all, I will get some more and post them. They are a screaming deal, and the interior on them is very nice and materials are worlds better than my Impala or Bonneville. They don't deserve to be the punching bag they drive great I think. Thanks guys. Pray for sun on Sunday...

Well as you know I love purple, as my GXP is the same color. But why does it only have 103 miles on it and it's at a Saturn dealer?

PCS it was brand-new, it sat on the lot for 221 days to be exact, and it was just sitting over near the Saturn portion of the dealer. It was at a GM Superstore, the extra badging like BW and the dealer sticker will be removed shortly. I bought it brand new window sticker hanging in the window. Any tips on how to remove the BW oval from glass or the dealer tag from paint WITHOUT hurting the glass or paint in anyway? I need to know, its driving me nuts. Now it has 285 miles on it since it made the trip home. I like it alot.

PCS it was brand-new, it sat on the lot for 221 days to be exact, and it was just sitting over near the Saturn portion of the dealer. It was at a GM Superstore, the extra badging like BW and the dealer sticker will be removed shortly. I bought it brand new window sticker hanging in the window. Any tips on how to remove the BW oval from glass or the dealer tag from paint WITHOUT hurting the glass or paint in anyway? I need to know, its driving me nuts. Now it has 285 miles on it since it made the trip home. I like it alot.

Try to peel it, if it doesn't all come off, soak what is left in rubbing alcohol, use you thumb nail to take it off.

• 3 weeks later...

You know.....that's one of my BIGGEST pet peeves.....the dealer tags that dealers afix to the cars. SO TACKY....!

For some reason, out here in California, NONE of the dealers use these. Instead, all the dealers put plate frames on the cars with the dealer's name/logo. That is so much better...obviously because you can easily remove a plate frame if you don't want it on your car.

I don't know how or why all the dealers out here all started doing that, but I'm glad they did.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What kind of gas mileage are you seeing with it. Just curious....

I have an '07 Torrent also. I'm always a little leery in a way of giving my mileage numbers. I say that because my conditions are not what you might see. You might have steeper inclines to go up or more congested traffic conditions that me. But anyway, my wife, the primary driver, gets 18.-- to 19.-- regularly doing her normal routes to work and around town. She might hit the 20s if she make a short hwy run somewhere. On the interstate, I have seen as good as 28.5 mpg. Those are in good conditions where you have some hills that you can judge. I like to get a running start before going up and reduce speed as I'm ascending, and as I descend, I will gain speed, to like 5mph over the speed limit and coast the rest of the way. That would be majority 70-75mph but will hit some 65mph in some areas for 15 miles or so. Its hard to describe. On flat terrain, with a 10-15 mph side wind I saw right at 27.

Again these are my numbers. Will you see them too? Maybe, maybe not. Hope this helps.

17.5 has been my average in a highly hilly town and weather below 20 degrees closer to 10 with this crummy cool weather were having. I have seen 22 on the highway, then again it was darn cold that night about 2 above.

Edited by gm4life

Frogger how'd you know... Metadate eh? I always check that I have a K100D and now a K10D... Can't have enough. And yes if your looking at a Torrent there a great vehicle 3K rebates on 08's till end of the month, and the interior is very nice despite what they say.

Frogger how'd you know... Metadate eh? I always check that I have a K100D and now a K10D... Can't have enough. And yes if your looking at a Torrent there a great vehicle 3K rebates on 08's till end of the month, and the interior is very nice despite what they say.

I figured... hey this guy is taking some pretty low light photography.. wonder what he's using :-).

I have a K100D Super and am eyeing some slightly used K10D's now that some people are upgrading to the K20D's. I also am dealing with LBA.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh yeah Dodgefan it does I have done it to a $32,695.00 Bonneville SLE and to a $24,095.00 Torrent so yeah it works. I have to admit I was scared $h!less about ruining my paint and scratching it. My Impala I bought at a dealer I like and found the tag non-annoying so I never removed it. Plus that dealer sticks on that is just letters no a full decal. I always liked the look of the Torrent better than the Equinox along with the sportier ride on the FE2 vs. the FE1 in the Equinox. All SS/GXP models get an FE3 tho. I have over 1100 miles on her and am loving it.

Edited by gm4life