Cory's $20,000 Car

Cory Wolfe

cutlassbv36.jpg

What?! Did you expect a new car or something? Yeah, that's my $20k car. No. Really. It is! Just ask the Cashier at the Kwik-Fill in Clarion! :P

So, the story goes as is. I'm riding around with a few friends and I'm aching for gas. I go to pull into the BP, when my one friend says to go to the Kwik-Fill because they have his favorite gummy fish. So I do. I get out and as soon as I walk inside I hear "Hey, is that a Cutlass or a Grand Prix". I answer. He says "How much? I'll buy it". I let out a little laugh and find the gummy fish my friend wanted. I walk up to pay as he continues to talk about it. He says "That car is worth alot of money, especially sitting on the original rims. Seriously. How much do you want for it?" I mention that I knew that it was certainly worth more than what was paid for it. He offers to buy it, once again, and asks "6 cylinder?" I say "8 cylinder, 307." He responds "307? Seriously, I'll buy it, just give me a price". I decline while he adds "I didn't want to tell you this, but back down in Georgia, a car like that would go for $20,000. If you ever sell it, contact me first" as I walked out. Reeeeaaaally.... $20k? Uh huh... Yeah... Don't think so.

Atleast I know there's someone willing to overpay for when that time comes. :D

Edited by blackviper8891

Now, didn't that make you feel good? Doesn't it make you want to preserve the old girl so she holds her value until you can pass her on to someone who'll be excited to own a lady such as she? Cool story, Vipes.

Main reason is that so brain-damaged individual can take it, jack it up, and put the biggest donks he can on it... that's the only reason why someone would even want it for down here. And with the factory rims and tires on it like yours has, it would free up the possibility for someone to raise it the proper way (other than slapping spring stiffeners in it).

When BV is like 88 years old and a Cutlass like this goes through Barrett Jackson

for a cool million while a non-RX7-turbo '90s Mazda anything will be worth next

to nothing he MIGHT, possibly stop hatin' on this super cool RWD G-body.

My 5.7 powered Roadmaster Steel Roof has proved over the past few days to be

one of the best purchases I have ever made, even though it's also one of the

cheapest cars I've ever bought. This car has a better & smoother ride than even

my '86 tripple silver Brougham.

I'm in no way hating on the car. I like the G-body and I could find one that wasn't either beat beyond recognition or gangsta-fied, believe me, there'd be one in the driveway right now. I have more affection for the B-body cars, but if I could find a good G-body, I damned sure wouldn't pass one up. I wouldn't offer 20-grand for it, but I wouldn't pass it up.

When BV is like 88 years old and a Cutlass like this goes through Barrett Jackson

for a cool million while a non-RX7-turbo '90s Mazda anything will be worth next

to nothing he MIGHT, possibly stop hatin' on this super cool RWD G-body.

Besides the fact I've never hated on it in the first place... :huh:

And you declined? Am I missing something?

That was kinda my thought, too ;).

BV ... definitely a cool story for ya.

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I knew she was a jewel in disguise" ... Kathy Mattea ... '455 Rocket'

BlackViper you have been kind of aching to get rid of this thing for some time. Why not try to negotiate and get rid of it? I have gotten offers for the Bonneville too but my answer is always no. Dad got offers for the Caprice but his answer was always the same one mine is. NO.

I need to have another car ready to drive before I can just give up on the Cutlass. And it's still technically not my car to sell.

Then sell it for $20k, pay your dad back for what he paid for it, spend the rest on a beautiful used 9-3 or something!

Who here wants to buy a 1997 Toyota Corolla with 105,000 miles at the bargain price of $16,000 ?

I think I might swing by again just to see what he would realistically offer. He said he was a GM certified mechanic (why is he working at a low rent gas station, then?). If he's willing to overspend and fix its issues... Why not? I'm curious to see what he'd fork out. I bet it's no where near "$20k". :P

I think I might swing by again just to see what he would realistically offer. He said he was a GM certified mechanic (why is he working at a low rent gas station, then?). If he's willing to overspend and fix its issues... Why not? I'm curious to see what he'd fork out. I bet it's no where near "$20k". :P

Bet it'd be enough to get the Millenia back on the road :scratchchin: