Do you keep track of mileage statistics?

The "driving season" is far from over (well, at least, I hope it is far from over) ... and these mileage milestones should be different by the end of the year [when I'll take a more "detailed" tally and comparison ... I just love statistics, apparently], but I had all 4 of my older Monte Carlos out Saturday and Sunday this past weekend and, as of late Sunday afternoon (after filling each with gas), found myself at these mileages markers....

Browny ... 1972 MC ... 142,900 ... 13.26 mpg

Elvira ... 1976 MC Landau ... 58,045 ... 15.73 mpg

Sweet Pea ... 1979 MC Landau ... 141,175 ... 14.31 mpg

Sweet Tea ... 1981 MC SC ... 189,450 ... 16.91 mpg

Baby Blue ... 1987 MC LS ... 135,350 ... 15.81 mpg

With that, what are your current mileage(s)/MPGs?

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html
"I can’t stop driving" ... New Radicals ... 'Someday We'll Know'

1986 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham. 307 olds V8. (sold as of 4 hours ago, more on that later) Best: 18.3 mpg Worst: 11.4 mpg 1997 Caddy STS Best: 22 (calculated and according to the computer) Worst: 4 mpg at 128mph according to computer 1984 Datsun Maxima 2.4L, MP fuel injected I6, 5-speed (don't have tthe exact numbers in front of me) Best: 24+ mpg Worst: 17 mpg 1968 Chevy Camaro (350 crate motor... 10.5:1 compression, TH350 trans) Best: 15+ mpg (again, don't have tthe exact numbers in front of me) Worst: 7.9 mpg* * burnouts, several runs at the dragway & drifting around light poles at the local Supermarket parking lot at 3am wiht the 350 howling at 7000rpm. My 1983 Firebird got close to 18 mpg consistantly even in the dead of winter and all kinds of abuse. The Blazer had no problem surpasing the 20mpg mark. (4.3, 5-speed)

I in no way, shape or form, care to check, calculate or pay the slightest bit of attention to my gas mileage. I don't even care to track gas prices. The way I look at it, I need it, it's gonna be high, its gonna be low, I'm not driving farther to pay 2 cents less. I don't really have either time or inclination to care. The only thing I watch is my odometer so that I can get a new car around the 10,000 km mark. (I start paying attention around 9500 km, and start scoping out what I want next)

I in no way, shape or form, care to check, calculate or pay the slightest bit of attention to my gas mileage.  I don't even care to track gas prices.  The way I look at it, I need it, it's gonna be high, its gonna be low, I'm not driving farther to pay 2 cents less.  I don't really have either time or inclination to care.  The only thing I watch is my odometer so that I can get a new car around the 10,000 km mark.  (I start paying attention around 9500 km, and start scoping out what I want next)

[post="31050"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree with that sentiment... Some people are off their f*cking rocker when it comes to gas prices. I work at a gas station (university student :( ) and people actually freak out at ME and what a whole explanation of the oil economy just because Esso down the street might be at we might be at 95.0 and Esso down the street is at 94.5.

Thats just cheap. You are saving half a penny, which you would burn anyway by driving further down the street to get it, but you still make a big deal about it.

But as for a new car every 10k... I hope those are company cars :o . Edited by Whistler

Cobalt: best trip so far: 44 MPG
worst: 23

[post="31048"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Wow, really. That's damn impressive for a real world statistic on a 2005 car with some balls. (unlike the Insight/Prius) All the more reason why GM kiskc ass. WOnder what the SS / SC get for milage? Edited by Sixty8panther

yes... the Brougham is now in the loving hands of a gentleman who lives on the upstate New Hampshire right on the Vermont border. All in all the day we delivered it up there was a complete clusterf**k but the story is worth telling... when I get a chance. Meantime is there no one else here who is OCD about their gas/oil/maintenance? Edited by Sixty8panther

yes... the Brougham is now in the loving hands of a gentleman who lives on the upstate New Hampshire right on the Vermont border. All in all the day we delivered it up there was a complete clusterf**k but the story is worth telling... when I get a chance.

Well, at least it is in loving hands ;).

So, why'd ya sell it?

Cobalt (just a little over 2 months old) - 7200 Miles Wife driving - 43 mpg Me driving - 38 to 40 mpg (I gun it ALOT) Roach - 170,000+ Wife driving - 20 mpg Me driving - 12 to 14 mpg (this car needs to take off fast) T-Bird - 162,000 Me driving - 22 mpg (flooring it just keeps up with traffic)

Wow, really. That's damn impressive for a real world statistic on a 2005 car with some balls. (unlike the Insight/Prius) All the more reason why GM kiskc ass. WOnder what the SS / SC get for milage?

[post="31129"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Especially considering the 23 MPG run included a run of redlining in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and hitting the governor at 170 km/h in 4th... B)

Especially considering the 23 MPG run included a run of redlining in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and hitting the governor at 170 km/h in 4th...  B)

[post="32090"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Awsome! You rock. :D

KF:

Well, at first I was going to kleep the Brougham but just drive the Datsun for work... since I do so many miles and gas prices suck. Then Ross "gave" me the '79 Coupe Deville and in order to pay him I had to sell one of my vehicles... so I figured WTH, I've had my fun with the Brougham so now I'll replace it with a 2dr Deville.... screw the old 307 olds motor, the Deville has the 425. :metal:

In the mean time Ross found storage for the Deville so I said to jus grab the car when he gets the details worked out... he felt bad abotu taking the car back but I was like... uh, I havent' even paid you for it yet, why would you feel bad? Besides he loves that car, I know he'll take great care of her.

So now I'm down to 4 cars.... my demolition Derby Volvo, the '97 STS, '68 Camaro & my daily driver Datsun. If all goes well financially we'll be buying a house in the next 6 months so Marcia is very OPPOSED to buying another car but I might be able to talk her into the '66 Corvair I wanted... talked the guy down to $850.00

So now I'm down to 4 cars.... my demolition Derby Volvo, the '97 STS, '68 Camaro & my daily driver Datsun. If all goes well financially we'll be buying a house in the next 6 months so Marcia is very OPPOSED to buying another car but I might be able to talk her into the '66 Corvair I wanted... talked the guy down to $850.00

*chuckles*

I'm told it's all in how you can sweet talk 'em ;).

Sounds like the situation with the Caddy worked out for the best anyway, eh?

Oh I'll take em..... I love those cars. :wub: :)

I never bothered before, but since the new Mark has a computer to figure it, I have been. If I drive very carefully (hard to not dip into that 300 hp once in awhile), I can average 29-30. I'm finding more informative the function of "gallons used", and trying different routes to work and seeing how much fuel it takes. I actually found a route that reliably only takes 1 gallon! (Also, have been using the metric function since litres are smaller units, you can get more accurate and detailed "fuel used" data.) It's fun.