3.9L in Colorado??

cavalier36

since we all know that the Colorado/Canyon and especially the Hummer H3 could really use a V6 engine, would it be possible to offer the 3.9L V6 thats used in the impala/Monte carlo in these?? of course it would have to be mounted diffrently, but if they are planning on bringing back the camaro it would probably use the 3.9L as its base engine, so they would need to engineer it for rwd anyways..

since we all know that the Colorado/Canyon and especially the Hummer H3 could really use a V6 engine, would it be possible to offer the 3.9L V6 thats used in the impala/Monte carlo in these??  of course it would have to be mounted diffrently,  but if they are planning on bringing back the camaro it would probably use the 3.9L as its base engine, so they would need to engineer it for rwd anyways..

[post="31361"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I would guess that they would never use the 3.9 in the Colorado. We have a better chance of having a SS with the 5.3

Putting a 3900 in the Colorado should be childs play. It is a 60 degree offspring of the original 2.8 which also spawned the 3.1/3.4/3.5 motors. Now everyone knows that the old S-10 and Blazers had the 2.8 and Camaros had 2.8/3.1/3.4 versions of this engine. So converting it to RWD would be easy. That engine would take up less room from stem to stern compared to the L5, produce more power and torque and probably get about the same fuel economy as the 3500. GM badly needs to install an alternative engine in these pickups as the 3500 engine is lacking in larger 4 door models and just sounds peculiar. My biggest peeves about this truck has always been the lack of V6 option, the cheap looking interior and sun visors, the weird sound of the engine, the low tow rating and the high prices. Also why can't GM put 4 wheel disks on better models as std.

Nice spelling, citrus... "dickota", hehe. I agree with you about the 3.5. If my heavy 4X4 extended cab Z71 with 265/75 tires can turn a 17.11 in the quarter with me sleeping at the green, I am confident a 2wd regular cab could go deep into the 16s bone stock. I understand there are some intake and exhaust systems available for the truck now.

I also think that 5 cylinder bellow at full throttle sounds kinda cool, if different.

I like the looks of the Colorado, but i to feel that it need a larger engine option a cross the board, the 4.8 V8 with DOD would be the perfect engine! :CG_all:

[post="31662"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

((((A FREAKIN MEN!!))))

The 3.5 inline 5 in my new 06 colorado regular cab RIPS
has plenty of power and torque and runs smooth!
what more do you need in a small p/u
power to weight ratio is even better than the dickota with V8 option!

[post="31666"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Try driving a 4WD 4 door loaded up model with A/C and 5 people. Talk about a slug.