You want to wax..what??

daves87rs

Interesting thing today.....

I was talking to a guy while standing in line at a Mcdonalds (nice long line). I noticed that he had a Silverado jacket on, so we talked cars....

Toward the end, he tells me he detailed his truck-even waxed the underbody....

Waxed the underbody? :blink:

I might be able to see that if it is a serious off road truck, but it wasn't.

I know I wash the underbody....but does anyone actually wax the bottom of their car?

Oh, I've heard of it and seen it...Silverados, F-150s, Tundras, etc., and they're usually daily drivers. Just owned by detailing fanatics that can't help thinking there's a whole other side that wouldn't otherwise be kept to the same standard...so they do.

The same with door jambs, under hood, etc. really, and I understand all of it. I just don't have the time or a vehicle worth caring that much about.

The same with door jambs, under hood, etc. really, and I understand all of it.

These (door jambs, under hood, under trunk, etc.) I do wax ... not the underside of the car, though.

Heh ... you wouldn't believe the number of "show" cars I see that are NOT clean in the door jambs, etc., areas....just amazes me.

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I got 1 shot left" ... Sylvia ... 'Nobody'

These (door jambs, under hood, under trunk, etc.) I do wax ... :yes:not the underside of the car, though.

Heh ... you wouldn't believe the number of "show" cars I see that are NOT clean in the door jambs, etc., areas....just amazes me.

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort "I got 1 shot left" ... Sylvia ... 'Nobody'

Agreed. When you have coupes, those door cleanings are quite important.... :yes:

Yeah..the upper, reachable parts are painted body color..he keeps it nice and shiny, and all the hoses and black boxes shiny..

Good night shirt tail ... he DOES have too much time on his hands.

Heh ... wish I had some of that time ... he he.

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I know I told you that I could survive" ... Deborah Allen ... 'Baby I Lied'