My Moms Pissed....

i brought home another nova! a deal i couldnt refuse... My friend was planning on building this as a strip car, but bought a more complete car... so i scooped this up.. i originally wanted hust the rear end housing, but for the i bought the car for less...

Well so far, ive found a multitude of parts im stripping off for my nova, including the rear suspension (8.5 rear to replace my 8.2), really beefy subframe connectors, quarter window regulators, some headliner trim and possibly the steering box... everything else is being posted on craigslist/Nova forums... and im giddy as a mother f@#ker to start ripping this thing apart...

so, i got a whole bunch of parts, my moms pissed at me for having another eyesore in the driveway, my neighbors think im white trash for having half a chevy rotting, and i got all this for FORTY f@#kING DOLLARS!!!!!!1111

sorry im excited, thought id share... heres some $h!ty pics...

Rear(somebody did some custom impala tailights here.. ot my taste but it looks really well done...

1002393gj2.jpg

1002389ii6.jpg

1002394nf4.jpg

things didnt go as planned today, but still progress was made... i gotta pick up a new air compressor so i can use my cutoff tool to cut the subframe conncetors out to pull the subframe.. so instead i pulled out the whole rear suspension, dismanteled it and skinned what was left of the interior.. i got about 15 emails through craigslist so Woot!

that cash i make off this car goes to my new compressor, and towards rebuilding this rear to go into my car.. 3:73's and a posi for hard launch!

things didnt go as planned today, but still progress was made... i gotta pick up a new air compressor so i can use my cutoff tool to cut the subframe conncetors out to pull the subframe.. so instead i pulled out the whole rear suspension, dismanteled it and skinned what was left of the interior.. i got about 15 emails through craigslist so Woot!

that cash i make off this car goes to my new compressor, and towards rebuilding this rear to go into my car.. 3:73's and a posi for hard launch!

I put that very set up in my '73 a couple of years ago.

:D Lots of fun!

Only problem is; I also added 17 inch wheels, so I can't really do over 55 or 60 on the interstate without winding the $h! out of the motor. Next step: transmission upgrade since what I'm running now is literally the weakest link. (Turbo 400) I'd like to find a good M21 Muncie or Super T10

FOG, I got a TH350 and a pegleg 3:08 8.2 right now, im prob revving about 3 grand at about 80... while 3:73s will change that, im going to swap a 200 4r soon out of a G-Body...; gotta love the over drive! (though i wish i could afford a T56!) i gotta save up to build this 8.5 i just pulled.. posi units and 3:73s aint cheap on a stock boy budget!:P

Yep, it ain't cheap at all...

I had the stock rear in my '73. Not sure what gear, but it was very mild. It was in pretty bad shape, so I was kind of forced to come up with the money and replace it. I dunno when I'll have the money to buy a new tranny (I ruled out a T56 because of price, for now)

Despite revving like crazy and pushing 10:1 compression, I still get 10-11 MPG on the highway with 93 Octane. I'd like to run higher in it, just never have. It's pretty cool here in the city because you can pull up to some gas stations and they actually have seperate a 100 Octane pump. :D

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

we have a few 100 octanes around here.. im only pushing 9.5:1 so i use Hess 93 pretty religiously... im getting around 10-12.. which makes me want my DD LS1 Fbody even more.... the biggest problem with my nova is i got a cheapo paintjob from a family friend who promised it to be good quality, but a poor bondo job with paint im properly applied means my paint is screwed up... i love the color i chose, but its flaking off even when i wax or put to much pressure on the metal.. :(

the biggest problem with my nova is i got a cheapo paintjob from a family friend who promised it to be good quality, but a poor bondo job with paint im properly applied means my paint is screwed up... i love the color i chose, but its flaking off even when i wax or put to much pressure on the metal.. :(

Then let it flake and look like $h!; the more, the better. That way it becomes even more embarassing when you blow the doors off the person next to you.

i was thinking of doing a flat black job eventually.. the reason i love flat black is people who dont know cars think it looks crappy, while most car guys think it looks badass...

on another note, i was planning on scrapping the body afteri stripped the parts, only because its pretty far gone... i have someone on my Nova forum from South Carolina who offered me $200 for the unibody portion... so i would already be $160 in profit, and have the rear end, subframe, connectors and a whole slew of parts still for sale.....

i wish i could part out cars more often!

WOw, great deal... just don't crush the shell, someone can use it I'm sure.

That's a darn good deal, a local junkyard is paying $250 for cars delivered

with a catalitic converter... (drive it in or tow it) so that means even the

cheapest $50 car around here has shot up to $300.

I remeber when you had to PAY $50 to have a junkyard take a car away!

we have a few 100 octanes around here.. im only pushing 9.5:1 so i use Hess 93 pretty religiously... im getting around 10-12.. which makes me want my DD LS1 Fbody even more.... the biggest problem with my nova is i got a cheapo paintjob from a family friend who promised it to be good quality, but a poor bondo job with paint im properly applied means my paint is screwed up... i love the color i chose, but its flaking off even when i wax or put to much pressure on the metal.. :(

Black primer, my friend :)

Just a suggestion.... I think it'd look pretty badass on the Nova.

EDIT:

i was thinking of doing a flat black job eventually.. the reason i love flat black is people who dont know cars think it looks crappy, while most car guys think it looks badass...

Nevermind... Looks like you're already thinking that way! :)

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM