Ocnblu

Cory Wolfe

I'm excruciatingly bored right now and I happened to notice that innocent ol' Ocn surpassed the comatose Fly as master of the post count.

In other news, as of yesterday, a distributor has been ordered and is on it's way. I'm quite excited to bring life back to my Milly. Well, if I don't have any more obstacles to tackle. Hopefully the battery will still hold a charge. It's ancient and has been dead for a good 9 months now. As well, having sat for so long certainly couldn't have been any good for it. I'll be sort of sad if any new issues pop up. Whatever it takes, though. I need to get it back on the road so I can stop polluting poor little Ramsaytown and hand the Cutlass off to a more accepting owner. I get the distinct feeling no one wants to see what would happen to it if I drove it for much longer. There are some pretty tempting cliffs, I must say. :P

Also, I needed a place to post this. I took a picture of an amazing sunset we had the other day and it turned out quite nicely. I haven't touched it at all, thus it hasn't been resized (only 1600 x 1200, but too big for the forums by my standards). Chris says it's overexposed... Course, my camera is 1/8th as expensive and 1/16th as good. Clicky.

*Thinks to self* Anything else I feel like sharing? Hmm.. Guess not. :D

"...innocent ol' Ocn..."

Boy don't make me come up there and kick yo' little white ayass...

:D

LoL....thats like half of what I said

I said it was nice pic but a tiny bit overexposed. The highlights are just a little blown out, no big deal.

I heard you the first time. :P

Edited by blackviper8891

• 3 weeks later...
Does the Mazda run yet?

It never stopped running besides for the dead battery, technically.

Anyways, here's the good news... Started on the first try this morning after sitting for nearly a year. It's the opposite of the Cutlass. It runs great when you first start it. Replacing the distributor brought forth an improvement. However, the bad news is that its still not fixed. Either this distributor is ironically affected in the same way, or its something that the distributor would affect and throw a mechanic off. I'd like to get it back to another mechanic and have it gone over better.

Oh well, it was nice to drive it again. Reminds me what it's like to drive a car that doesn't suck ass. Even not being fixed, it was 10 times faster than the Cutlass. :P

It never stopped running besides for the dead battery, technically.

Anyways, here's the good news... Started on the first try this morning after sitting for nearly a year. It's the opposite of the Cutlass. It runs great when you first start it. Replacing the distributor brought forth an improvement. However, the bad news is that its still not fixed. Either this distributor is ironically affected in the same way, or its something that the distributor would affect and throw a mechanic off. I'd like to get it back to another mechanic and have it gone over better.

Oh well, it was nice to drive it again. Reminds me what it's like to drive a car that doesn't suck ass. Even not being fixed, it was 10 times faster than the Cutlass. :P

And a lot newer.... :P

10 times uhhhhhh. :D I suspect that the root of the Cutlass based on my Bonneville is the carburetor. Get rid if it and get one that works and it wouldnt suck ass. So hopefully you didnt waste your money on a distributer only to find it was something else. That wouldnt be cool.

10 times uhhhhhh. :D I suspect that the root of the Cutlass based on my Bonneville is the carburetor. Get rid if it and get one that works and it wouldnt suck ass. So hopefully you didnt waste your money on a distributer only to find it was something else. That wouldnt be cool.

Even so.... 140hp trying to move nearly two tons with 2.14 gears... It's still not going to be all that fast with a new and shiny carburettor. It might actually be able to accelerate past 75 and have usable power on hills, though. One would hope, anyways.... It's pretty much the equal of molasses, as is. You guys have to realize that I'm not even exaggerating. It's that bad. :P

The Cutlass needs a new owner. :P

Ironically enough, I drove my Millenia the hardest of my vehicles and it was by far the best to me. I treated my Grand Am the best and it didn't last very long. The Cutlass is inbetween in each way. I'm seeing a pattern, here... Maybe I should start driving the Cutlass as hard as my feelings toward it would suggest. I'd die of laughter if it started to run better.

I ran the Millenia. That car met it's limits far more than few times... speeds of over 120, hard redline-hitting accelleration, racing down unrelenting back roads, a few random mishaps, etc. And it didn't let me down until the current problem developed, whatever the reason. Probably my own fault. I thoroughly enjoyed driving it, though. I had so much fun and so many great memories with it. Certain people will never understand.

Edited by blackviper8891

What does the Mazda actually do that is should I say defective? Does it not start some of the time? I dont quite get it. Oh the Bonneville through no fault :AH-HA_wink: of my own was able to hit over 100 mph in southern Indiana when we were coming back from Tennessee with it.

What does the Mazda actually do that is should I say defective? Does it not start some of the time? I dont quite get it. Oh the Bonneville through no fault :AH-HA_wink: of my own was able to hit over 100 mph in southern Indiana when we were coming back from Tennessee with it.

It misses in low rpm, under low load, only when the engine is at normal operating temperature. Runs fine in higher rpms and when the engine is cold, though, it was getting worse and caused it go into "safe" mode, if you will. Has never failed to start, unlike the Cutlass.

Edited by blackviper8891