C&G Gathering @ the All-GM Nationals, Carlisle, PA

A perfect cruise for the Bonnie, at the perfect time of year.

I had a bad parade experience a few years ago -- though highway seems to make the car happier.

Ironically, I was just IN PA 2 weeks ago for work -- though that was a BMW roadtrip. A great idea in concept until the weather called for snow and I was already down there running summer tires! Thankfully I was able to bail early. Though I did learn that centrally located windows switches make a lot of sense with a manual transmission with all the tolls in PA, NY and NJ. Never appreciated them until that trip.

Yeah, but the barn is quite big, and without a serious heater (or heaters) it stays cold. I have tried the space heater/kerosene heater approach without success. Hopefully, by next winter I will have installed 2 huge industrial gas heaters and won't lose my winter project time anymore.

Ah, sorry, Camino ... I didn't realize how big your barn is ... or that you had tried it before. Sorry....

The garage where my older 4 MCs are stored just has one central heater, afaik. Phil has a mini-bathroom in it, too.

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"There's just too much that time cannot erase" ... Evanescence ... 'My Immortal'

Ah, sorry, Camino ... I didn't realize how big your barn is ... or that you had tried it before. Sorry....

The garage where my older 4 MCs are stored just has one central heater, afaik. Phil has a mini-bathroom in it, too.

"There's just too much that time cannot erase" ... Evanescence ... 'My Immortal'

No need to apologize Cort, you haven't seen it yet. The barn is an awesome building to have the use of, but it does have some shortcomings. No running water, no heat, and not enough light or outlets. I hope to remedy some of that this year. I don't own the building, so I have to watch what I spend on it pretty carefully.

No need to apologize Cort, you haven't seen it yet. The barn is an awesome building to have the use of, but it does have some shortcomings. No running water, no heat, and not enough light or outlets. I hope to remedy some of that this year. I don't own the building, so I have to watch what I spend on it pretty carefully.

Well, I sure hope to get to see it someday.... Maybe this year when I'm in PA...I'll be there multiple times this year.

I really like the building that my friend owns that I rent for the older 4 MCs. It has heat, running water (heck, even a mini bathroom...lol), and a bunch of lights ... though, that is my one complaint ... the lighting (imho, anyway) is rather inadequate towards the back of the barn/storage building, where a couple of my MCs reside, given the way they are parked in there.

*sighs*

Another complaint ... it isn't mine ... he he.

"Take your time, hurry up" ... Nirvana ... 'Come As You Are'

I just thought of something, my brother gets married the weekend after that in DE, and I am the Best Man. He wants me to put together his bachelor party, and I am not sure when he wants to have it... if it is the weekend of Carlisle, that may push me out. I don't know right now.

Okay, I have to ask. Why are we still discussing Carlisle, when the obvious right choice is to crash ocn's brother's bachelor party?

Ha! Cool. He wants to have it at a strip joint in Reading, PA, but he's afraid a lot of his friends may not want to go, for religious reasons. I don't know how it's going to end up.

well then we'll be bhis friends that night! i have no moral/religious reasons keeping my from a strip club! :P

• 3 weeks later...

Crap!

I have a conflict smack in the middle of the event. :banghead:

An old friend of mine wants me to come to California to celebrate his marriage on the 21st.

I was in his first wedding, and I think he wants me to participate in some way this go round as well.

I hate stuff like this.

Crap!

I have a conflict smack in the middle of the event. :banghead:

An old friend of mine wants me to come to California to celebrate his marriage on the 21st.

I was in his first wedding, and I think he wants me to participate in some way this go round as well.

I hate stuff like this.

I don't see a conflict.

Take him and his wife to the gathering. They can renew their vows going down the drag strip.

It may not be doable for me even if Carlisle wasn't a factor. Too expensive and getting someone to take care of my dogs would be a drag.

Not to mention that I'll break out in hives when I cross the border into the belly of the beast. :lol:

My sister has lived in LA for years now, and I've never visited her there. So between my friend and my sister I am doomed to another west coast trip before too much longer it seems.

It may not be doable for me even if Carlisle wasn't a factor. Too expensive and getting someone to take care of my dogs would be a drag.

Not to mention that I'll break out in hives when I cross the border into the belly of the beast. :lol:

My sister has lived in LA for years now, and I've never visited her there. So between my friend and my sister I am doomed to another west coast trip before too much longer it seems.

Look at the bright side, at least you qualify for the Senior Citizen airfair. :AH-HA_wink: