I'm going to give up my Aurora

Flybrian

I noticed the gap between the driver's front door and front fender is 3 4/9 millimeters wider than the gap between the passenger's front door and front fender. Also, I vacuumed out under the dash and notice the plastic panel between the firewall and back of the center stack isn't soft. Its hard. Also, when I turned the key in the ignition, I heard a very disconcerting sound coming from the front of the car. It was some sort of growling, like some sort of machinery was there. And when I started accelerating, the noise grew louder! I think I'm going to buy a Lexus. :P :CG_all:

I noticed the gap between the driver's front door and front fender is 3 4/9 millimeters wider than the gap between the passenger's front door and front fender.

Also, I vacuumed out under the dash and notice the plastic panel between the firewall and back of the center stack isn't soft. Its hard.

Also, when I turned the key in the ignition, I heard a very disconcerting sound coming from the front of the car. It was some sort of growling, like some sort of machinery was there. And when I started accelerating, the noise grew louder!

I think I'm going to buy a Lexus.

:P  :CG_all:

[post="32309"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

*Alpha smacks Fly...

Snap out of it man! They're getting to you!

:lol: If you werent the moderator Id have a few names for ya. You really had me going, Im thinking "Oh boy, the A* must need some work" "maybe he needs better gas milage, cheaper gas". But no, He discovered hard plastic, failed the mic test, and has a noise coming from somewhere in the front. :lol: ya know whats been happening with my cars, when the windows are down, I have a cool wind blowing around, and its kinda noisy, whats up with that ?

I noticed the gap between the driver's front door and front fender is 3 4/9 millimeters wider than the gap between the passenger's front door and front fender.

Also, I vacuumed out under the dash and notice the plastic panel between the firewall and back of the center stack isn't soft. Its hard.

Also, when I turned the key in the ignition, I heard a very disconcerting sound coming from the front of the car. It was some sort of growling, like some sort of machinery was there. And when I started accelerating, the noise grew louder!

I think I'm going to buy a Lexus.

:P  :CG_all:

[post="32309"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Or a "QuietTuned" Buick.

Just messing with everyone. No, I wouldn't trade my 'Rora. I love it and it has that special place in my heart as my 'first' car. I've had her for a little over one year now and - thanks to GM ValuGuard - she's virtually perfect, so there's no reason to trade it or give it up right now. Lexus wouldn't even be in my gunsights if I had to get another car, especially a used one. High resale value is great for dealerships but sucks for people wanting a decent car second-hand. For the price of a late-90s Lexus, I could get a better, newer Buick, Olds, or Caddy.

I think I'll trade my '68 Camaro for an IS300. All that horsepower, instant throtle response and lack of a radio or even radio harness is getting to me. Besides the dash is spartan and the aluminum racing seat is quite uncomfortable for long drives over rough pavement. Also the loud flowmasters and hardtop bodystyle have grown tiresome. Oh wait, these are all the reasons why I love my Camaro and will neevr get rid of it unless it;s to get ANOTHER classic GM car. Every time I sit inside it and smell that 60s GM interior scent it reminds me how much I love it.

btw Brian..why were you at the Honda site?

[post="32363"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Fine... I'll trade my Buick Park Avenue Ultra in on a Prius. 

http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rotflmao.gif (I swear this is my favorite smilie... ever)

[post="32413"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

*Alpha goes to sneak out and get shots of Ven driving his Prius around Seattle....

*Alpha then realizes that it would just be one Prius in a sea of Pri'i and Subarus...

*Alpha goes back to bed... :P

Excellent thread, and tmp's response is one of the most perfect I've seen here. This is why I love this place.

Side note: Yesterday I was on a test ride with a lady in her X5 3.0i. We were returning it to her after nearly $15k worth of collision repairs. She had been using her daughter's RX300 (which her mother gave her when she got the BMW.) Anyway, she was saying how much better the BMW was over the Lexus in the areas of solidity, ride, steering feel, etc. Then she said "...and the Lexus is really hard on gas. It's an 8 cylinder, and it really eats the gas." I was like :rolleyes: but I kept my mouth shut. I was going to crack her fantasy, but... the customer's always right!

Yesterday I was on a test ride with a lady in her X5 3.0i.  We were returning it to her after nearly $15k worth of collision repairs.  She had been using her daughter's RX300 (which her mother gave her when she got the BMW.)  Anyway, she was saying how much better the BMW was over the Lexus in the areas of solidity, ride, steering feel, etc.  Then she said "...and the Lexus is really hard on gas.  It's an 8 cylinder, and it really eats the gas."  I was like  :rolleyes:  but I kept my mouth shut.  I was going to crack her fantasy, but... the customer's always right!

[post="32480"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Reminds me of the chick I wanted to pull who swore up and down her Q45 was front-drive....

Yup, a good portion of the population can't tell a Corvette from a Corolla. SAD.