2006 Buick features

Paolino

Okay... #1 - It's stated on the Buick website that the front and rear defrosters turn on when the remote start is used on the Lucerne and the temp is below 40 degrees. Is this true for the LaCrosse as well? It doesn't say. #2 - It says the Lucerne features a 4-speed electronically controlled transmission that is "enhanced". Enhanced in what way? Finally, why on Earth has the Lucerne only been given 1-auto down window?! I mean, even the Rainier features 2... as well as the competition mostly has dual auto down windows (with auto up). What's goin' on here? It can't cost THAT much more money, can it?

Yeah, as for the windows, both of our '04 Suburban's front ones have auto down, but I wish they also did auto up. Wonder why the Buick only has one? On the other hand, GM's remote start sounds AWESOME! At least that's one relatively meaningful trump card they have over the competition. I REALLY want it on my next car after seeing it in so many new GM models. Other questions for the Lucerne: -On the Buick site, it shows a Nav system, but that doesn't exist in the options list. Any ideas? -Also on the site, shows a wood/leather wheel--where the heck is that available? Edited by caddycruiser

I disagree.  Back seat shouldn't because of kids.  In some instances, auto-down can be unsafe...kids throw things from cars.

[post="32496"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That's what the window locks are for. If you have kids and don't want them to control their windows, put the window lock on.

Cadillac should have all four windows auto up and down, Buick should at least have the front windows auto up and down.

Yeah, as for the windows, both of our '04 Suburban's front ones have auto down, but I wish they also did auto up.

Wonder why the Buick only has one?

On the other hand, GM's remote start sounds AWESOME!  At least that's one relatively meaningful trump card they have over the competition.  I REALLY want it on my next car after seeing it in so many new GM models.

Other questions for the Lucerne:
-On the Buick site, it shows a Nav system, but that doesn't exist in the options list.  Any ideas?
-Also on the site, shows a wood/leather wheel--where the heck is that available?

[post="32497"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The wood/leather steering wheel will be made available in 2006... it isn't going to be available at the beginning of production. As for Nav, I'm not sure why, but maybe for the same reason?

And Northstar, I totally agree with you... Caddy should have all windows with auto up/down features and Buick should have front seat auto up/downs and on their flagship, all four.

As far as the window auto up/down, I too agree that GM needs to really expand their use of that feature. I'm so used to our Benz and BMW having all four auto up AND down, that it really pisses me off that my '06 Corvette (at a healthy $61,500) only has auto down on the driver side. No auto up, and no auto at all on the passenger side.

I'm so used to our Benz and BMW having all four auto up AND down, that it really pisses me off that my '06 Corvette (at a healthy $61,500) only has auto down on the driver side.  No auto up, and no auto at all on the passenger side.

[post="32923"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Did you used to go by the name Tannersoc here? I enjoyed most of Tannersoc's posts, except for some of the social commentary.

Yup, ehaase, same guy, different handle.

[post="32944"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah....I changed when C&G changed because people would occasionally ask where I lived, yadda, yadda.....so I figured I'd do like LosAngeles and some of the other guys and pick a name that kinda tells what region I live in.....

....and thanks, Ehaase....!