Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
regfootball

AURA OR INSIGNIA ?

AURA OR INSIGNIA ?   29 members have voted

1. 1. Should the replacement for the current gen Aura be named Aura or Insignia?

• AURA
    • INSIGNIA
    • doesn't matter

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 posts in this topic

see question above. My vote is INSIGNIA. sounds more expensive and would keep the opel / saturn versions the same name.

I'd like to see Astra, Aura and Antara in the Saturn line-up. Seems to give it more cohesion as a model range.

Aura. Enough with the name changing. Aura is what people heard was car of the year. Aura has had commercials. How much confusion was there when they introduced the Zephyr and then changed it to MKZ?

Yeah, keep it Aura and let it build some 'cred with customers.

Aura has had plenty of advertising here, completely effeminite as it may be.

This just brings me back to the point that literally nothing goes well with the name Saturn. Saturn Astra< Opel Astra. Opel Antara >Saturn Antara. Opel Insignia> Saturn Insignia.

It's a lame name and yet another example to discredit the Roger Smith era.

Aura has had plenty of advertising here, completely effeminite as it may be.

This just brings me back to the point that literally nothing goes well with the name Saturn. Saturn Astra< Opel Astra. Opel Antara >Saturn Antara. Opel Insignia> Saturn Insignia.

It's a lame name and yet another example to discredit the Roger Smith era.

Well, Saturns originally didnt have names.

SC, SL, SW and L.

<_< Well, let's see. They better not change it, since the "Aura" was COY. Then again, since GM was the one to drop the name Buick "LeSabre" after the car was the top seller in its class and to drop the name Buick "Century" after it won the quality or reliability (... whatever ...) awards, I suppose they'll change it from "Aura" to "Insignia." I can understand the logic in aligning the global products name-wise, but it just seems that GM changes model names and brand taglines/slogans too often. They need somebody who really cares in charge at each of the brands, not some warmed-over transfer who couldn't care less. Someone who'll guide the brand, long-term - like a Bob Lutz clone, but specialized for each brand.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0