Chevy El Camino Crewcab

Rear door needs just a little more length, but that isn't too bad, actually. Some of the side sculpting reminds me of the Chevrolet SS concept car from 2003. The fascia would need to be overhauled, however.

As for this versus the G8 ST, I do not know. From a design standpoint, I would have to say mostly, but I think I would like the overall thought of this as a production vehicle a little better if it came in both crewcab and regular cab forms.

Edited by YellowJacket894

i think the more rounded chevy design theme makes more sense with the soft flowing roofline, compared to the blunt G8. but this particular chop is rather poor, and I don't think the Camaro theme works all that well here. Some Chevy look could make it look pretty good though.

Whether it's a crew cab or a regular cab, I don't think you're going to see more than a niche market, maybe no more than 80k as a Chevy crew cab if priced and designed right..... an unsubtantially heavier tall and high off the ground unibody truck in the Denali XT flavor would be a bigger hit, along with a true Zeta Impala sedan [would be a bigger hit]. unless the thought behind something like this is that it can somehow bypass some CAFE rules, I don't think it makes a lot of sense to develop one, especially concurrently with a Denali XT pickup.

Edited by turbo200

2 doors too many. Doesn't hold a candle to the ST, or the Denali XT for that matter.

QFT.

PCS, if GM is seriously considering building the Zeta lite-light duty pickup, please tell them to continue refining the Denali XT's design and offer that for sale SOON. Thanks! :thumbsup:

I like the curves on the side. An extended cab, suicide-door El Camino might be somewhat cool, no back seat though, just extra storage and seat travel. But I don't like the Camaro front end on this. Camaro should have its own identity. Something like the new Malibu front end could work, if arranged a tad more authoritatively than the Epsilon sedan.

• 9 months later...
GMtruck boy whats the truck on the right of yor signature

boy??? :mind-blowing: 'Guy' - it says guy. :neenerneener:

Thanks for answering YJ. Yes, the wonderful 2000 GMC Terradyne concept truck. A ton of innovations that GM justed let go by, and other manufacturers have picked up and used (bed storage space, for example). Here's a link for some more information and pictures.

BTW, here's a picture from the video that was shown at the display of the Terradyne in motion on the 'street' that's a favorite of mine:

GMC_Terradyne_2000_01.jpg