My Friends are buying new cars...

My Friends are on a new car buying streak.

Tim just traded his 14 month old Mazda CX7... for a 2008 Infiniti G37 S.

Aaron traded his 2006 Tahoe... for a 2008 Sierra 2500 Crew Cab (with the big gas V8, sunroof, nav, etc)

Shawn traded his 2007 Mazda 6 last night...for a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara (2-door, black, tan top, 6 speed manual)

Brett traded his 2001 VW Golf... for a 2008 Honda Fit

It fun when all these new cars start showing up at our social events!

I have a few friends now doing this too...the difference being we're about a month from graduating college. I really need to keep cranking on getting job offers, clearly...hah!

The latest of which was a friend who had a fully loaded '06 Buick Lacrosse CXL (odd car, I know, but I'm pretty sure a parental buy...with every option possible), and after securing a post-grad job recently, the Buick disappeared and in came a new '08 Honda Accord EX coupe that he's clearly very proud of.

I had a similar "plan" for a while once graduated and settled in the big first job, but we'll see how that pans out financially.

I have one too, it involves a 2010 DTS or an Invicta :AH-HA_wink:

Hah! Yours are quite a bit more lofty than mine! I think I "theoretically" first started out with CTS, etc. and now that's been knocked down a peg to Malibu-Accord level. All depends on the cashflow, in soon time to come. Well, that, and I can never settle down on one or even two things...so I'd never know what actually to get.

So, at this point, the 13 year old Fleetwood may continue to reign on for a while. We'll see.

Very cool, Mr. Golden. I am constantly dreaming of doing something, but I don't know what. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my Sierra that lower fuel prices won't cure. But "new car disease" is incurable.

Very cool, Mr. Golden. I am constantly dreaming of doing something, but I don't know what. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my Sierra that lower fuel prices won't cure. But "new car disease" is incurable.

I was diagnosed with that years ago :AH-HA_wink:

Best part was, as I was younger and living at home and my mother was agreeable, whenever I got the "urge" I'd start the process of suggesting things to her. Worked every single time, except for the Malibu, which was entirely her idea.

For me...I always want something new, especially when someone else does it (like the friend with the new Accord coupe), but am so up in the air as to what, it would take me a while to figure it out. At least my Fleetwood continues to elicit random praise everyday. 13 years old, a bit clunky and huge to drive, not overly efficient, due for a tune-up, etc., it's in such amazing visual shape and such a killer looking car to begin with, the reaction makes it almost worth it.

Then again, after finally figuring out what my school loans had totaled to...maybe it will have to be daily driver for life, hah!