Interesting ebay picks for today

man that olds is the shizzle, theres a local "custom" shop that specializes in big wheel cars and there was a 73 442 sitting in their fence for a while. i finally stopped looking when i passed because i knew the sad fate that was in store for her...

man that olds is the shizzle, theres a local "custom" shop that specializes in big wheel cars and there was a 73 442 sitting in their fence for a while. i finally stopped looking when i passed because i knew the sad fate that was in store for her...

:nono:

That's just sad.

Does it anger anybody else that the poster of the one-owner 1975 Cadillac Fleetwood station wagon proudly announces in the description that he's going to rip the engine out of the car and put it in a f@#king worthless piece of $h! Florida redneck airboat before you can buy it? They made probably no more than six of these, and this is the one he chooses to be a heart donor for his turdboat? You mean to tell me that out in geriatric paradise he can't find some beat up Sedan DeVille that will yield the same result?

Ass.

Does it anger anybody else that the poster of the one-owner 1975 Cadillac Fleetwood station wagon proudly announces in the description that he's going to rip the engine out of the car and put it in a f@#king worthless piece of $h! Florida redneck airboat before you can buy it? They made probably no more than six of these, and this is the one he chooses to be a heart donor for his turdboat? You mean to tell me that out in geriatric paradise he can't find some beat up Sedan DeVille that will yield the same result?

Ass.

Exactly the reaction I was waiting for! :AH-HA_wink:

If you read the questions at the end of the listing you will notice that he is willing to sell it with the engine.

Otherwise, I agree.

He's an ass.

Reminds me of those people that buy a rotted out 70's car for $100, yank the engine and transmission, then turn around and try and sell it for $1,000 because "There aren't many of these classics left!"

Or even worse, those jackasses that rape a numbers-matching El Camino SS so they can build their thrashed out Malibu into a Chevelle SS clone.

Automotive criminals!

Reminds me of those people that buy a rotted out 70's car for $100, yank the engine and transmission, then turn around and try and sell it for $1,000 because "There aren't many of these classics left!"

Or leave the engine and transmission in and try to sell it for $5500 because it's THE LAST OF THE TRUE BIG BLOCK MUSCLE CARS when the car in question is like a '79 Mercury Colony Park station wagon because retards think anything with more than six cylinders is a "muscle car" and have no idea what "big block" means.

I'm about ready to go down to Florida and f@#king steal it just because I hate people like that so much. I'd rather have to replace a driver's side window than piece the whole car back together.

That '75 Cadillac Vista Cruiser is one RARE beast and yes the seller needs to

grow up and buy a crate 350 for his stupid fan boat. What a tool. <_<

I'd trade the Banana Boat for that Cadillac ALL DAY LONG!

I'd love to save the Cadillac wagon, too bad a falling US dollar plus rising fuel costs equals ridiculous shipping costs. It'd probably cost me more to get the car up here than what I'd pay for it. Much as I hate to see nice old American cars leave the country, I hope some crazy Swede buys it because American cars are treated like gold over there and the most mundane things are restored to concours-quality standards.

I like that Olds.

But, uh, I'll gladly take that Monte Carlo ;). he he

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"The scar, that scar remains" ... Poison ... 'Every Rose Has Its Thorn'

I was hoping you'd see that. :AH-HA_wink:

I'd love to save the Cadillac wagon, too bad a falling US dollar plus rising fuel costs equals ridiculous shipping costs. It'd probably cost me more to get the car up here than what I'd pay for it. Much as I hate to see nice old American cars leave the country, I hope some crazy Swede buys it because American cars are treated like gold over there and the most mundane things are restored to concours-quality standards.

:scratchchin:

Well, Project Camino cost more to ship than I paid for it.

Screw driver's licenses. You should be required to have a license to even come into come contact with a car, much less own or talk about one.

Totally agree. Cars like this:

DSC03048.jpg

are why hoodrats need to be issued lifetime universal bus passes from the federal government.

All very cool. I haven't seen one of those Blazer campers in like forever... wow. Dude threatening to butcher that Cadillac wagon needs de-nutted. The Monste Cahlo is sweet, no vinyl top, yay. The GTO is cool, as a fairly unloved model year, but I like it. The '73 Cutlass is a honey, I hope it comes with the factory wheels. I think the Olds was the best looking of the new-for-'73 A-bodies.

All very cool. I haven't seen one of those Blazer campers in like forever... wow. Dude threatening to butcher that Cadillac wagon needs de-nutted. The Monste Cahlo is sweet, no vinyl top, yay. The GTO is cool, as a fairly unloved model year, but I like it. The '73 Cutlass is a honey, I hope it comes with the factory wheels. I think the Olds was the best looking of the new-for-'73 A-bodies.

Pretty much agree with all of that, Ocn.

Reminds me of the 'tards on the Ford Panther boards I troll for parts. They spend all day talking smack about cars that aren't "boxes" as they call them, but all their cars consist of either heaps of crap that don't run, heaps of crap that barely run or heaps of crap they spent $10,000 swapping used Mustang engines into so now they can only lose to Impala SS's by a dozen car lengths instead of two dozen

:rotflmao:

hehe its true its true, even those merc marauders they came out still couldnt outrun those 96 impys!

Hurst Olds, hands down.

There is a Hurst Olds just like that cruisng around Columbus. Nice car!

I would much rather have the 74 GTO However. We'll see how much sleep I'll loose tonight over that car. If only it wasn't a damned automatic!

Chris

Ditto on the Olds thing, blu.

There is nothing better for a warm summer night than an olds Cutty with a V-8 and a country road...and someone to share the experience with.

Seems like the Olds cars, esp. the Cutty's, always rode and drove better than the other GM products, even the Buicks.

F-41 Suspension Chevelle comes close, though.

Chris

...and about the Caddy. The car that I will go TO MY GRAVE and regret not buying is a 69 Cadillac Wagon that was a special build festival car for the 69 Indy 500. Car was in perfect shape, GM only built 3 IIRC. Nice car!

However, I bought my 55 Chev. 2 Door instead, and I'd have never enjoyed it if I'd bought that Cadillac.

Chris

There is a Hurst Olds just like that cruisng around Columbus. Nice car!

I would much rather have the 74 GTO However. We'll see how much sleep I'll loose tonight over that car. If only it wasn't a damned automatic!

Chris

Know what?

I think it's an ebay error, that car looks like a 4spd. to me from the one interior shot.

Pass the sleeping pills - I'll be needing them too. :AH-HA_wink:

Totally agree. Cars like this:

DSC03048.jpg

are why hoodrats need to be issued lifetime universal bus passes from the federal government.

Seeing these cars makes me want to do violent and ugly things to people. :banghead:

I'll never understand, I see all these beautiul B and G bodies destroyed, such a shame. How much does all that cost anyway? Could that money not have been spent in a productive manner?

Seeing these cars makes me want to do violent and ugly things to people. :banghead:

I'll never understand, I see all these beautiul B and G bodies destroyed, such a shame. How much does all that cost anyway? Could that money not have been spent in a productive manner?

Speaking of Olds, there is a 71 Cutty ragtop that has had that treatment that is running around here in Columbus. Every time I see that thing I just wanna kill someone.

Chris

The Monste Cahlo is sweet, no vinyl top, yay.

AMEN (to the "no vinyl top, yay")!

Heh ... I'm not much of a "vinyl top fan"; yet, 3 of my 5 have vinyl tops....aye.

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"It's always the same old story, you never know what you've got til its gone" ... Mike & the Mechanics ... 'All I Need Is A Miracle'

So there's like a 66.6% chance that any minute now I will get a TXT

from XP along the lines:

"what are you doing this weekend, and do you

think we can borrow Seans car trailer... also

will Sean's car trailer accomodate a 5000lbs.

car that is 19 feet long?"

TIGHT WHIP$ Roadtrip time again!!! :D