Who wants to see the 2010 Lacrosse interior?

Of course its pre-production, it is missing some final trim pieces. It will brighten up considerably for public consumption, I am sure.

Certainly. Considering that there are numerous colors of plastic and the sweep itself has no woodgrain makes it obvious that these are stand-in parts. Looking on target.

I was worried, but not as much anymore. Buick didn't dumb down the interior much at all. The leather covered hood gauge hood and lower dash looks great. The upward sweeping center console is in tact, and the gauges look to be in tact also. It's obvious the push button ignition is there, and the doors will be partly covered in leather too. All awesome. The only thing I'm not loving is the two-toned leather seats, with the black square of the leather put in the seat. Still, all in all, very encouraging.

Style-wise, Buick traditionally has been about simplistic elegance. The Lincoln MKS cockpit looks more like Buick than the new LaCrosse to me. Of course we now see why: the LaCrosse borrowed from an Opel. The large round speedo and tach perched to the far side of the wheel look out of character for Buick too (at least in the pics). A simple way to differentiate this car would be to replace round dials (which every car in the land has) with ribbon or horizontal units. At the very least the tach should be smaller than the speedo in a Buick (Mercedes-Benz used to do this maybe they still do?).

Not looking like a Buick is a good thing if Buick is going to survive.

Style-wise, Buick traditionally has been about simplistic elegance. The Lincoln MKS cockpit looks more like Buick than the new LaCrosse to me. Of course we now see why: the LaCrosse borrowed from an Opel. The large round speedo and tach perched to the far side of the wheel look out of character for Buick too (at least in the pics). A simple way to differentiate this car would be to replace round dials (which every car in the land has) with ribbon or horizontal units. At the very least the tach should be smaller than the speedo in a Buick (Mercedes-Benz used to do this maybe they still do?).

I agree somewhat (except for the horizontal speedo part, that's a bit too 80s I think, could it have a big yellow 55?), but Buick staying the course has obviously not worked for them recently. Lincoln may have done a good job making a very conservative MKS, but Lincoln is in a world of trouble and I don't think the MKS is the car to get them out.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not digging this car at all from what i'm seeing. The exterior looks foreign and not Buick like. The interior is just trying too hard with all it's tacked on padding, stitching and cut lines everywhere you look. I'll probably get lambasted for saying this but I like the current car much better other than it's old tech 3800/4 speed automatic and Lexus cloned head lights.

• 1 month later...

I love it. This sedan is my new favorite GM future vehicle. It looks luxurious with the cut and sew leather treatment, push button start and in dash navigation. If the powertrain comes back being powerful yet competitive in terms of fuel efficiency then this will make the list of cars to consider next year when I get a new one. I love the Buick brand but until the Enclave didn't like their products. This is the first Buick car I have liked since the GNX.

Now I understand why the next Aura will be getting an interior update and not be a direct Opel transplant. Obviously GM decided to fast track the new Buick so it got the Opel interior. Fine with me as I would very much like to drive a Buick for my next vehicle.

• 3 weeks later...

NEW SHOTS!

builac_spied_10_2_gallery_image_large.jp

It definitely looks dumbed down, though that was expected for production. Still, this is too much. As already mentioned, the lower air dam really helped make the concept look menacing, along with the headlamps. The Larger wheels will definitely be available, but that may not be enough to make it hot. I'm holding final judgment for the final production model, but this is worrisome.

• 2 weeks later...