The Happy Dance Thread

The last 3 weeks have not been all that kind to me...computer problems/not being online, personal issues/setbacks, frustrations, aggravations, disappointments, etc.

However, last weekend, I was doing the so-called happy dance Saturday afternoon and Sunday...for a reason at which most people, especially given the high gas prices, would probably scoff:

My older 4 Monte Carlos made their 2008 debut Saturday, May 31, and Sunday, June 1 ... a whole month and a week earlier than they did in 2007.

No, it isn't a normally "celebrated" reason to do the happy dance [you know...girlfriend/wife news, family, personal milestone, etc...society/socially-accepted "norms"], but I was "happy dancing" anyway. It felt sssooo good to be driving the older 4 MCs again, and I didn't want to put 'em back in the garage. Lots of people turned their heads to look as I drove by. None of the MCs had any problems starting or running...so I had quite a few hours/miles of wonderful driving...especially on the outskirt roads west of town, which, sadly, will soon be in town, the way they are building out that way.....

So...how about you? What has caused you to do the "happy dance" recently?

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I play my music in the sun" ... Steve Miller Band ... 'The Joker'

I'm still looking for a reason, some ray of sunshine. I am driving a banged-up truck, it's embarrassing. Maybe after this coming week, it will be fixed, and I'll have my reason. Who knows.

I'm glad your cars are running well, though. You have a nice fleet there, sir.

I'm glad your cars are running well, though. You have a nice fleet there, sir.

*nods*

Thank you!

I was glad, too, that they are running well. Every year, I'm a bit nervous when I first get 'em out ... wondering if all will be well ... and this year, once again, it was ;).

Sorry you haven't found a reason yet...hopefully your truck WILL be fixed this week so you will have a reason, ocnblu!

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Everybody I meet seems to have their one and only" ... BJ Thomas ... 'The Whole World's In Love When You're Lonely'

Well it seems as though some more congratulations are in order. To Mr. vonVee, free at last!

And to Papa Dave! OMG, cool man. I knew he was on his way, but I hadn't heard for sure. My best to you, your wife and your new son.

Well it seems as though some more congratulations are in order. To Mr. vonVee, free at last!

And to Papa Dave! OMG, cool man. I knew he was on his way, but I hadn't heard for sure. My best to you, your wife and your new son.

'

Thanks ocn. In a day or to I'll post a pic of him. And he is growing quick... :)

Feeling happy with Life like an 18 y-o again, even though there are a few clouds of uncertainty hanging job-wise: two of the local partners are leaving the company and the inevitable changes are still pretty much unclear.

Edited by ZL-1