For the fun of it..... What are your hobbies???

Aside from sitting on C&G what are your hobbies?

I have 2 main hobbies...

Winter Hobby, snowmobiling. Used to do more ice drag racing but backed away from that to put some cash toward hobby #2 ('68 Camaro PT build).

Here was my Pro-Stock 1000 that I built a couple years back. 1000cc 3 cyl 255hp. Ran 1/8 mile (660 feet) on ice in 5.5 at 122 mph. Not the fastest but respectable at the time.

S3000006.jpg

untitled1.jpg

Trail sled '07 Polaris 700. Adding some NOS to it for this coming season. The kit is currently on the bench. 140 hp stock, 150 with pipe and mild upgrades. NOS will be an added 30-40hp shot.

Dragon003.jpg

Munisingride026.jpg

Crookedlake3.jpg

IMG_2648.jpg

MtBrighton08018.jpg

small-3.jpg

video

th_Brimley060.jpg

Hobby #2... '68 Camaro Pro-Touring project. Still a lot of work needed. Have finished most of the subframe. Wilwood 12.19" slotted rotors, 4 piston calipers front and rear. 1.125" swaybar, 600# 2" drop springs, relocated upper control arm. Motor will be an LS1 or LS2. Wheels to be the 18" range.

parts050.jpg

Clip3.jpg

camaro004-1.jpg

S3000009.jpg

trunk004.jpg

trunk003.jpg

Edited by BuddyP

I collect old video games, Hot Wheels/Matchbox/Johnny Lightning, pre-World War II console radios (listening to a local AM station on my 1934 RCA Victor 19K as I type this!), old American coins (and some foreign), car books and other literature, etc.

Got a good bit of hockey and baseball and football cards from when I was younger.

I also do a good bit of fishing now that the good weather's here.

Edited by XP715

I bike, by that I mean the kind you peddle. I only ride Ironhorse bikes that are made in the USA, Long Island, NY to be exact.

Here is their logo and website: http://www.ironhorsebikes.com/

ironhorselogoav2.gif

Check out some videos: http://www.ironhorsebikes.com/video/

Here is the current bike I ride and its actual color. It's a 2005 Ironhorse Warrior Competition Hardtail trail bike 19" high.

2005warriorcomporangeqw1.jpg

I also run gaming servers, along with gaming forums for various current popular computer games. I have a massive server with 2 Terabytes of disk space.

I also own a BMW motorcycle (not the kind you peddle). :smilewide:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

What exactly is it? I still kick myself to this day for not buying an old coworker's 1970 R75/5 a few summers ago when I had the opportunity to. He also has a 1984 R80. Another friend of mine has an old R75/5 as well and I really have the itch for one. Airhead Beemers are the best!

What exactly is it? I still kick myself to this day for not buying an old coworker's 1970 R75/5 a few summers ago when I had the opportunity to. He also has a 1984 R80. Another friend of mine has an old R75/5 as well and I really have the itch for one. Airhead Beemers are the best!

It's a 2007 BMW K 1200 R!

Here is a pic, and yes I have yellow and black!

sunyellowqr4.gif

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

I bike, by that I mean the kind you peddle. I only ride Ironhorse bikes that are made in the USA, Long Island, NY to be exact.

ironhorselogoav2.gif

Here is the current bike I ride and its actual color. It's a 2005 Ironhorse Warrior Competition Hardtail trail bike 19" high.

I also run gaming servers, along with gaming forums for various current popular computer games. I have a massive server with 2 Terabytes of disk space.

I've considered one of those bikes (not the BMW)...how to they ride? Do they come apart easy? (so I can put it on the trunk of the Balt)

Hobbies?

Cars, History, (history of cars too), hockey (also play it)

80s toys (GI joe, transformers, stuff like that)

JUst some of the stuff I like. ^_^

I've considered one of those bikes (not the BMW)...how to they ride? Do they come apart easy? (so I can put it on the trunk of the Balt)

I love Ironhorse bikes, just make sure you get them at a bike dealer and not someplace like a sporting goods store, sometimes they will have different models that say, IronHorse there, called something like a eg: (Warrior Sport), these bikes are special editions made by Ironhorse for that store, they are not the same caliber of bike as you would get at the actual bike dealer. Tubing is lighter and components are cheaper the key is if you see the word sport after the model name.

BuddyP.... my dad would be envious of your work shed. lol

mine. pc games, mostly older ones, I don't have a 64bit capable machine.

biking when it's nice

Used to be into Magic cards, but i don't want to spend the money on that anymore.

consumer electronics....but not buying many of them.

I have far too many interests for my own good. Obviously cars dominate, but I am an avid reader and write when the spirit moves me. I have been involved in music whenever possible, it is one of my greatest loves.

I am interested in a huge variety of topics from Philosophy and religion to science and government, but other than car projects, I can't really see much of this as a "hobby".

ironhorselogoav2.gif

Ah cool, I used to do a lot of Mtn Biking, here's my old Cannondale super V. Bought it new in '97 (made in USA!). This pics was taken last week. Starting to get back into it again, just need to do some updating on the bike. New front shock and disc brakes are on the list (and rims to accept discs). Just replaced tires with Specialized pro's the other day. Might sell the bike and upgrade to newer though... not sure yet.

CannondaleSuperV700002.jpg

Daves87rs, where in MI are you located? Were do you Mtn bike at?

Loki, thanks! Yeah just finished it off a couple years ago. Has furnace and central air, actually I need to finish hooking up the central air.

Edited by BuddyP

Let's see...

- I play baseball/softball (should I take a picture of my glove? :P)

- I read

- I study maps (so as to not get lost)

- I haven't told my wife this yet, but after I finish this round of grad school, I think I'm going to put together a new desktop PC. I've always liked computers but haven't done anything with them in a few years.