GM Tech Center Employee Car Show

It was a Grey day, but still a good day to drive our Hot Rods to work....

The 100 year anniverary GM Car Show was better than last year's show, but lacked the sunshine and enthusiasm of some

others I have seen....A lot of LS powered cars were in attendence, and I took a lot of pics, but afterwards they seemed lame because of the cloud cover. Anyway, some rides captured the feel so here they are:

IMG_2335.jpg

Rare Beautiful Buick ....Guess wtf it is!

IMG_2277.jpg

Jimmy's Buick -this guy has a barn full of cool cars

IMG_2271.jpg

Coolest Rat in attendence by far!

IMG_2286.jpg

2nd coolest....Mopar w/ ford power ....go figure. cool fabs everywhere

IMG_2287.jpg

Chris Karras is a good guy I know...Even tho he runs a Ford, It has 555 cu in Chevy power-

good fer 8.95 trap speed...look for him on Pinks.

IMG_2293.jpg

not all are loyal to GM -- welcome to the " MACHINE "

IMG_2299.jpg

Who needs a 500 Caddy power buggy w/ a trailer hitch - I want one!

IMG_2310.jpg

If trophies were gettin passed out, this thing would score the biggest.

Katech LS power prob 700+

IMG_2311.jpg

IMG_2339.jpg

Yeah. even Miatas are cool w/ 400 hp

IMG_2325.jpg

told ya.

IMG_2344.jpg

XP ! It was like new.

I am interrupted... I will post some more later tonite

I once posted pics here of an '87 Cavalier "Z24" wagon that a local Honda dealership Parts Manager built. He still uses it as his daily driver, and it is clean as ever in bright blue. I saw him in it the other day, little V6 burbling beautifully as he let off the gas.

I once posted pics here of an '87 Cavalier "Z24" wagon that a local Honda dealership Parts Manager built. He still uses it as his daily driver, and it is clean as ever in bright blue. I saw him in it the other day, little V6 burbling beautifully as he let off the gas.

i think our problem was it had the 4cyl (2.5?)

Excellent pics, mouse. Got any more?

I always take more than I should, then post some ....here is a link for the whole deal, since you asked.

It was so cloudy I didn't think there would be much interest in them

http://photobucket.com/2008TechCenterEmployeeCarShow

IMG_2326.jpg

caminodude.

IMG_2336.jpg

1969 bong/lude influenced paint, 427 4spd unit- with green velvet interior and covered-up naked lady murals!

IMG_2327.jpg

One of the coolest cars there...Had a Roush built 532 cu in engine, looked all stock - Tremec 5 speed trans-

Giant aluminum radiator with electric fans....and crazy exhaust that could be tuned from the cockpit to

sound like a pro stock or like it was stock w/ muffs - the trim on the body said: Stink Ray! funny.

Edited by mightymouse

That stepside longbed is beautiful! Every time I see one I want one even more, from any generation! One of those and a pre-1960 Chevrolet or GMC one-ton panel truck in work-worn condition are my two top wants as far as old GM trucks are concerned. Bonus points if you can find me one in police, fire, military, or Civil Defense livery or with a long-defunct business name and a five number phone number on it!

The '60 Coupe DeVille, '58 Fleetwood, and especially the 1915 Buick truck score huge points with me as well.

On these we agree, they are Pontiacs, it's the Great Pretender I have issues with, it's not a Pontiac.

I will never understand this silly assertion of yours, your "great pretender" is more Pontiac than the FWD blandmobiles GM has been glueing arrowheads on for the last few decades.