The wife's new ride

I have yet had the opportunity to take the G6 out for some newer pictures. As with Derek's ride home experience with his G6 GT Coupe, we hit a sudden rainstorm ourselves on the way home from delivery Saturday; it was parked at home in the garage during Sunday's storm. However, driving around the rural parts of Burlington County has led to many bugs giving their life to the front bumper, plus the tire shine spraying onto the body (I saw Northstar's post about cleaning that off ASAP; it will get a bath tomorrow night). This color is beautiful, but is showing stuff I normally might not see on the colors we've owned to date (usually darker colors). It's time for a bath to keep the wife's new car looking "new" still :lol:

Well, it got it's first fill-up yesterday. It went 319.8 miles on one tank (she let it go to "E", even though I told her not to let it go below a quarter of a tank <_< ) and took 14.614 gallons. The DIC stated 22.9 MPG AVG, though when you do the calculations I get that the first tank of gas gave us 21.8 MPG average. Not bad for a brand new car, and much better than the Envoy (averaging around 15-16 MPG, costing $15 more to fill up, and not going a full 300 miles before reaching empty).

She is really enjoying and loves showing it off to everyone she knows. She even gave a co-worker a ride home (she usually takes the train), just to show off her new car! :lol: Our neighbors, who we're really close with and are Ford people, saw it yesterday for the first time and they really like it (Doug has owned many a Pontiac in his past, including his first car - a '69 Firebird 400 - before switching to Ford many years ago). It was dirty from Saturday's rain storm, dead bugs from the rural areas we live around and drive in, and of course the excess tire shine that the detailer put on that splattered on the body panels from the rain storm. So not only did it get it's first tank of gas from me last night, it also got it's first bath (although just a quick one). She said it looks so much better clean, so I guess that's her little hint for me to wash it more often :AH-HA_wink:

I plan to wash and detail the car better this weekend, and if I have the time, give it a nice wax job. Then I'll take it out for some new pictures and post them here.

I love your pictures Roger :AH-HA_wink:

I need to desperately get some new scenery for mine, aside from trees galore and gravel. Those 2 chrome wheeled (big plus, IMHO) Epsilons look like best buds!

Well, the AURA is jealous of the G6 already because the G6 is being garage-kept while the AURA has to deal with the hot, bright sun during the day and the sprinkler system (not as bad as it seems) at night being parked in the driveway for the summer (the AURA' side is used to store the kids bikes and summer toys, which go back in the basement for storage during the fall & winter months). Until recently, it was the Envoy that had this duty since late spring.

Yeah, I know about differening background scenery needs. There's the "driveway with garage doors" background <as seen above>, the "golf course" background (I live in a golf course housing development, yet I don't play golf!!), the "local school district athletic fields with flag pole" background, and the local "historical park brick wall" background. I've been using these backgrounds since I moved to this area four years ago. I'm always on the prowl for a new local shooting area. When we travel, I take the camera just in case I find a great spot to take a picture in :P

I'll get some more in the other locations noted above over the weekend.

Yours showcase it well, but I realized with so many of mine today when my mother emailed me at work asking for "any pictures of your new car" (I presume to show people), that they're all dark because I'm not home until evening, and never show the WD properly. It looks stunning at work in the sun, so I may have to snap some at work or while out and around.

Regardless, yours are great, and seriously the chrome stock wheels make a huge difference with each--Aura especially, as it otherwise would be drab city with those wheels in silver painted. And I heart the chrome package on your G6 sedan even more now. Purty, both of them.

Nice pictures, looks good!

I took some pics a week and a half ago or thereabouts of the GTO right after I washed, clayed, washed again, and waxed it, but my mom's camera cord has been lost so she has to get a new one before I can post.

Looks great with the chrome package. The G6 is a better looking than the Aura sorry. But I do like the Aura, they look like best buddies kind of cute if you ask me.

I guess to each his own, because I like the Aura especially, as well as the Malibu much better...

"I guess to each his own..." a very pertinent statement. Variety has been a GM strong suit forever, and it needs to remain that way. Malibu, G6 and Invicta, a trifecta of midsize GM cars, each with their own market focus. Maintain, GM! Malibu as the value-oriented, entry midsize with conservative yet handsome style. G6 with extra spice and romance, for the rebels. And Invicta, with elegant entry luxury as its mission. Focus your brands, and make sure the buying public knows each brand's mission, and you're set. Seems so easy.

"I guess to each his own..." a very pertinent statement. Variety has been a GM strong suit forever, and it needs to remain that way. Malibu, G6 and Invicta, a trifecta of midsize GM cars, each with their own market focus. Maintain, GM! Malibu as the value-oriented, entry midsize with conservative yet handsome style. G6 with extra spice and romance, for the rebels. And Invicta, with elegant entry luxury as its mission. Focus your brands, and make sure the buying public knows each brand's mission, and you're set. Seems so easy.

YES...

Why Alfred P. Sloan would be so proud of you! :smilewide:

I just came back from a few days in Chicago and I have to say that I saw a lot of G6s in Michigan and Illinois. More than I see around here. Must be a strong seller for GM in those states.

Chicago, however, like most 'sophisticated' markets (I love that term that marketing boys use), saw a wider variety of vehicles, particularly imported European stuff.