The wife's new ride

If you've been following caddycruiser's thread about his own car buying experiences, you've seen me mention that my wife has also been looking to get out of our Envoy lease (a month & a half early from the termination date, thanks to a GMAC Pull Ahead offer) for a much more economical car choice. Witht he 0% for 72 months deal (which we need to stay in the affordable range), she was motivated to do something by this weekend.

Her choice? A 2008 Pontiac G6 V6 Sedan in White Diamond Tricoat and Taupe Leather interior. Here are some <crappy> shots of it at night, as we were leaving the dealership:

DSCN7000.jpg

DSCN6999.jpg

DSCN7001.jpg

DSCN7002.jpg

The window sticker:

DSCN7004.jpg

It was manufactured this month (June '08) and had just 3 miles on the odometer (5 or 6 at the end of our test drive). It literally just came off the carrier within the past week! The otehr G6 (4cyl) she test drove was the same way (door jamb sticker said 06/08, and it too had 3 miles on the odo; btw, she wasn't happy with the 2.4l Ecotec engine and wanted the V6, which I told her she'd want anyway).

Our salesman was a funny/goofy guy - he started about a month ago and this was his first actual sale. He said he wished he had brought his digital camera with him to take a picture; I had mine, so I offered (and now have to bring him a cipy at delivery on Saturday, per his request <_< ). Here's the picture, with my ever-so-happy-looking wife ( :lol: ):

DSCN7005.jpg

(If she finds out I posted that, she's gonna kill me!!!)

The car is equipped with the Chrome Appearance Package, which the factory puts on the chrome door handles and Chrometech rims; the dealer needs to install the upper chrome grilles, the chrome door sills, and chrome exhaust tip still. We're taking delivery on Saturday morning. More and better pictures of this beautiful colored car will be posted sometime Sunday.

Derek - yup, we've got cousin cars now!!! Who else here in C&Gland will join this new family???

Like I said in my email, the chrome package is REALLY nice and fits beautifully with the "Caddy" WD and Taupe, and then the wheels with it give the GT look vs. the other base wheels. If there's anything I think I might have liked on what I got, it might have been the 18's in chrome if offered, as that's always a perfect touch with the WD.

Interested to eventually hear your thoughts on your Aura vs. G6 now, as they're so often wondered about as different versions of EP.

We HAVE to do a family picture if we ever meet up for anything 8)

Congrats, Roger.

Anyone else find it interesting that so many of our members have purchased (or will be purchasing) new Pontiacs in the last few years? I'd say that Pontiac holds quite the sales lead around here.

And this is a brand the numbskulls want to kill ?!!

Congrats, Roger.

Anyone else find it interesting that so many of our members have purchased (or will be purchasing) new Pontiacs in the last few years? I'd say that Pontiac holds quite the sales lead around here.

And this is a brand the numbskulls want to kill ?!!

GREAT point and one I've pondered...the brand always talked about killing, yet look how many of us have gone for them. Well, actually, on that point it doesn't seem like loyal GM sales to Pontiac are hard, but conquests aren't overly common. Or maybe they are. I'm curious to ask at the dealer.

When I stopped by yesterday to drop something, my saleslady was out with another young guy perusing the G6's. She told me he just graduated college TOO and was interested in the G6, probably a GT coupe as well...but also considering a 4-cyl sedan for gas mileage. Wasn't sure yet. If anything, Pontiac seems to get the youngest of buyers.

Luv the color! Congrats! Glad you're staying in the GM family!

I checked Pontiac's website... a nearby dealer has a dark blue GT coupe with Sun&Sound and the 18's... :scratchchin:

Hey...let's make it 3, really :thumbsup:

That's probably one of the many I printed a sticker for in my search of ALL of the surrounding area for coupes that interested me. And even though I decided against dark...really liked that color on a coupe looking at it again, even not being a blue person.

My concern, and probably a thought of Roger's too though he already has a 3.5L Aura with what should be the same setup as a base G6 3.5L, is how high you can eek out mpg wise. Believe it or not (I do, based on other Epsilons 4-cyl and V6), the intern with the new GXP 3.6L says hers will do 33 mpg in steady highway cruising when she does her 3 hour trips home and back. The 3.6L/6-speed has identical ratings to the 3.5L/4-speed coupe, so should be close.

Roger...that clock is ticking until delivery :AH-HA_wink: You'll definitely beat me to it, with my situation.

Edited by caddycruiser

Congratulations, GMTruckGuy! 8)

I hope the electric steering is better for you than it was for us.

They don't have it anymore, only 2.4L models do. Any 3.5L or 3.6L G6 has the hydraulic setup, after the constant complaints and issues. The electric system is wonderful in the 2.4L Malibus and Auras at least now, but nada in V6's anymore. From my test drives, the hydraulic seems very tight and connected.

They don't have it anymore, only 2.4L models do. Any 3.5L or 3.6L G6 has the hydraulic setup, after the constant complaints and issues. The electric system is wonderful in the 2.4L Malibus and Auras at least now, but nada in V6's anymore. From my test drives, the hydraulic seems very tight and connected.

Indeed the hydraulic system is worlds better than the electric one. It's very nicely weighted in our Aura and well planted. In comparison, our G6 V6 SE handled like a boat, no kidding.

Glad to know that people who opt for the better engine no longer have to suffer with an incompetent system.

i hate a white car... usually, but i wouldnt mind that white... (in outrageous french accent) oh yes itsa veerrry nice-a

Yeah. I've always loved it on Cadillacs...fits the luxury image well. I'm still going to have to get used to it, especially on a Pontiac. Still, very cool that Pontiac was able to offer it...then again, dating back to the last of the Bonnevilles as well.

Roger's here is just really special with also having the rare (from what I've seen) Chrome package in conjunction.

Nice choice! Love that color! :thumbsup:

So, how did you talk her out of the Vibe?

Well, the fact the G6 had 0% interest and the Vibe would have a minimum of 5.9% was the biggest piece of ammo in my arsenal. That she really wanted heated seats in her new car (the one option she insisted on having), which the Vibe doesn't offer, also helped to seal the deal. Additionally, the remote start with extended range (200 feet vs. 30 feet), the chrome package (she really likes the G6's chrome rims), the interior design being better in the G6 than in the Vibe (at least in our opinion; the Vibe GT is too basic for a $22k car), plus the fact that she could get a color other than black (all that's available in the Vibe) - all aided in getting her to realize that the G6 was the better deal and offered more bang for her buck. In reality, our credit is not horrible, but is also not great. Being that she's been in good standing with GMAC for the last 8 years, we kinda knew that GMAC would approve the loan without problems - and they did (she got a courtesy call today from our salesman letting us know). In the end, she's very happy and has been telling everyone at her job today about her new "Pontiac" (all those damn import humpers!! :P ).

As for the color, initially she wasn't all gaa-gaa about it, preferring the other new-for-2008 color, Performance Red. They didn't have many G6 sedans in that color available (just one, a 1SV Special Value Sedan, and the rest were coupes & convertibles), and since we have a blue AURA she can't have another blue car in the house :rolleyes: Once I told her that the White Diamond Tricoat was originally a Cadillac and Oldsmobile Aurora color (she's always liked the Aurora), she began to see the WD in a different way (that is, being more upscale). She was turned off by the regular White they had, saying it was too generic. The car was recently delivered, and as such was covered in road-transit (carrier) dust, grime, and bugs. She can't wait to see it all shined up. I told her that since this car is being financed, I'll clean it again next weekend and wax it to retain that shine throughout the summer months (and many more car washes).

All in all, I'm glad she stayed with GM and I'm happy for us/her to be in a Pontiac again (she absolutely loved her 2000 Grand Prix GT sedan that we leased from 2000-2003). I've been a long-time Pontiac fan, and owe it to my mom and her then-brand new 1983 Pontiac Grand Prix LJ (which is what I learned to drive on). I've personally owned a '95 Trans Am T-top coupe and a '99 Grand Am GT1 sedan, and drove the '00 GP on many occasions (it was my love of the 1995 Pontiac 300 GPX concept that turned into a passion for the '97 GP that inspired her her to get the '00 GP). At least my driveway remains all GM yet again.

Delivery is in about 12 hours... she can't wait, and I'm excited for her too, but unfortunately I lose the GMC Envoy in the process :(

Trust me at the gas pump I wouldn't miss the Envoy! What is it EPA rated at and also I thought it was a GT at first with the cool chrome wheels. But with the chrome package and V6 it is as close to a GT as you can get. Great color by the way isn't Caddycrusier gonna have a white diamond coupe? I would love to see photos of those two wonderful Pontiac's together. WELCOME BACK to the PONTIAC family. And yes around her I bought a Pontiac in January, you and Derek just got yours so yeah we buying Pontiac's here on C&G which I consider to be a GREAT thing. Best of luck and I can't wait for photos in good lighting.

Edited by gm4life

As for the color, initially she wasn't all gaa-gaa about it, preferring the other new-for-2008 color, Performance Red. They didn't have many G6 sedans in that color available (just one, a 1SV Special Value Sedan, and the rest were coupes & convertibles), and since we have a blue AURA she can't have another blue car in the house :rolleyes: Once I told her that the White Diamond Tricoat was originally a Cadillac and Oldsmobile Aurora color (she's always liked the Aurora), she began to see the WD in a different way (that is, being more upscale).

my g'parents g6 has that funky blue gold crystal it looks its best at night

We'll have to compare mileage notes, you with a 3.5L and 3:05 gears and mine with the same but 3:29 GT-spec gears.

Also...what did you think of the car, so far, compared to the Aura (a-la Version 2/3 of the EP vs. the 1/2 G6)?

Well, I think from my time spent in the G6 yesterday that the interior is smaller and tighter than the AURA, which is a plus for my wife (she likes smaller cars) and a negative for me (I like bigger cars). Ride-wise, I wouldn't say at this point that I noticed much of a difference between the two, but again I've been driving the AURA on and off (sharing with the wife) for the last year & a half; the G6 I spent about a total of 30 minutes between the two we test drove. I like the leather-wrapped steering wheel in the G6; my AURA has the fabric interior, so I don't have the leather-wrapped steering wheel. It was easy to drive and handle, and the pickup of the 3.5L V6 felt the same as in the AURA. I'm not "up" on the specs of the gearing ratios, so I'll assume that the 3.05 will aid in better fuel economy over the GT's 3.29? I'm curious as to what gear ratio my 2007 AURA has! One of the reasons I like this particular G6 is what many here have already stated - it has the look of the pre-'08 GT model without the price. caddycruiser - since I haven't been following Pontiacs lately, I didn't realize that the Chrome Appearance Package on the base G6 models was rare. I've seen some additional G6 V6 Sedan models there (midnight blue, for example) that also had this chrome package; they had several of the GT & GXP Street packaged models in-stock; both the wife and I agreed in our opinion it wasn't the best looking in the styling department (mainly due to the enormous front grilles). As I spend more time in the G6, I'll post comparisons with the AURA (especially since the AURA is my daily driver now until November, 2009).

caddycruiser, I replied to your e-mail (sorry it was sent late).

smallchevy, life is a balance and in due time I shall have another GMC to call my own :AH-HA_wink: Patience is one of my virtues!

gm4life, the financial hit to our bank account when refueling the Envoy was the main motivator for the wife to "dump" it before the lease termination in mid-August. Not that filling the AURA up is such a great deal, but it goes longer and gets better mileage when compared to the Envoy. Yes, caddycruiser and I (my wife) both purchased Diamond White Tricoat colored G6's; his is a GT Coupe, where my wife's is a base V6 Sedan. I don't know if they'll ever be together for a picture, because it's the wife's car and not mine and I likely will not be left with it over the AURA. It is a great feeling to see Pontiac gaining sales, and the dealership where we're buying from was busy selling Pontiacs and GMCs that day (no one was there for a Buick while we were there <_< ). And for many years I've been a Pontiac fan, so it's great returning to a loved brand. Better daytime pictures will be taken tomorrow (as long as it's not raining), and posted as soon as I can get them downloaded from the camera.

Thanks GMTruckGuy I just hope they could be together for a photo shoot that would be SO cool. They would look great together. Once again congrats on the new whip. I'd give her the Aura and run. Trust me I agree filling up a nice midsizer with a V6 is so much better than a nice Envoy. I wish you nothing but the best Also how is the rear legroom in them honestly?

Edited by gm4life

Yes, caddycruiser and I (my wife) both purchased Diamond White Tricoat colored G6's; his is a GT Coupe, where my wife's is a base V6 Sedan. I don't know if they'll ever be together for a picture, because it's the wife's car and not mine and I likely will not be left with it over the AURA.

Thanks GMTruckGuy I just hope they could be together for a photo shoot that would be SO cool. They would look great together. Once again congrats on the new whip. I'd give her the Aura and run. Trust me I agree filling up a nice midsizer with a V6 is so much better than a nice Envoy. I wish you nothing but the best Also how is the rear legroom in them honestly?

We're working on it Roger...

Enjoy your new car and thank you for buying GM.

Thank you sir! While I backed off of the "you MUST buy GM" during the last 4-5 month shopping process, I am grateful and happy with her decision to stay with GM. The fact that GMAC approved her rigth away and the finance manager said he didn't have to call them for any reason was a big bonus for staying with GM. Upon request, he told me that my credit score is good too and I won't have any problem getting GMAC to finance me in the future as long as I stay in good standing with them and don't ruin my credit score. The AURA and G6 look so nice parked next to each other in teh driveway - definitely a Kodak moment!!!

She is in heaven with it today since taking delivery late this morning. We have more running around to do and while out, I'll snap a few shots of it in the sunlight (I got some at the dealership before we left, but it rained on the way home and when we got to my parent's house, so I didn't get any good ones). Thursday night the car did not have the dealer-installed chrome appearance items on; of course today they had them and how great the front-end looks! I am truly amazed & impressed by the looks (I've only seen the chrome package on dark-colored G6s and like it 100% better on the lighter colored ones). The salesman even said that it is a rare option, as one of the sales staff members was going to purchase the car for himself and can't locate any other G6 V6 Sedans in WD with the Taupe leather plus the chrome package. My wife truly lucked out - and for the longest time she didn't even want to consider the G6!!! :lol:

dave87rs - my wife was not for the G6 until I mentioned that it was part of the 0% for 72 months deal and that she could get a much better equipped car for the money. Once she got behind the wheel and saw what a great car it is, she fell in love. She's totally happy with her decision.

Pictures to come later tonight.

You're a much more liberal husband than I am. My wife tells me the type of vehicle she wants but I make the final decision as to what gets brought into our fleet, but then I am paying the cash for it, she is not. We have had the following agreement from the time we got married, I let her make all decisions when it comes to inside the house, but outside the house including the garages are my domain. It has worked well for 19 years, at least for me.

I'm glad you both like the dealer add-ons, they allow you to personalize your vehicle.

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Picture time! (sorry, I only have 3 to post for now; the weather was not fun this afternoon and we spent more time with my wife's mother than I thought we would - it got too dark to take any nicer shots today)

After the paperwork, ready to drive off the lot:

DSCN7111.jpg

And the two nicer shots I got at my parent's house before the storm came in:

DSCN7119.jpg

DSCN7121.jpg

I'll get some more tomorrow if the weather is nice.

Very, very nice. And what a combo, too, with the color and trim, again.

I've gone back and forth on those grilles after seeing them on a few cars locally, but do like them. For mine, without the chrome wheels, I think it probably wouldn't match as well. Love it on yours. And she looks very happy :AH-HA_wink:

Looks like Burns added door edge guards to yours too...just like Kerbeck stuck on mine, along with other junk. Jersey thing, maybe, hah.

Very, very nice. And what a combo, too, with the color and trim, again.

I've gone back and forth on those grilles after seeing them on a few cars locally, but do like them. For mine, without the chrome wheels, I think it probably wouldn't match as well. Love it on yours. And she looks very happy :AH-HA_wink:

Looks like Burns added door edge guards to yours too...just like Kerbeck stuck on mine, along with other junk. Jersey thing, maybe, hah.

As much as I've liked these chrome rims in the past (on the original GT model), I really like the 18" rims you have on your GT better. However, this isn't my car and she's really happy with the chrome rims, so that's all that matters!

Thursday night the dealer-installed chrome appearance items (lower chrome grilles, upper recessed chrome grilles, door sill plates, chrome exhaust tip) were not on the car and I kinda of preferred it without the lower chrome grilles (we just looked at a dark blue one with them and I did'nt like how it looked). But it's her car and she said she wanted everything put on it. When we pulled up for delivery and she saw the car washed and with the parts on it, she instantly loved it. I really liked the upper recessed chrome grilles, and found the lower chrome grilles to be acceptable on the lighter color cars. I'm getting used to it - she keeps saying "You still don't like the lower chrome, do you?" Hahaha!!!

As for the wonderful[ <sarcasm heavily applied here> $317 Pro Package Burns PBG installs on all it's vehicles, it includes a color-coordinating TAPE pinstripe (the wife likes these, and it does look nice on the car I'll say, so it's staying per her instructions), VIN Etching, and the black door edge guards. They actually took off the $169 cost for the VIN Etching, as the company they use no longer offers the $2,000 cash payment if your car is stolen & not recovered; however, the cheesy window decals and the etching are still visually present. I want to remove the door edge guards - like I did on the Envoy we leased from them - because they stand out on the white car, but the wife insists they stay to "protect the paint" :rolleyes: I wonder if they can be painted to match the color of the car :lol: Not all NJ dealers do this, but there are some infamous ones that do and I tend not to do business with them because they REQUIRE you to pay for this crap. I had no intention of purchasing from this dealership again for such reason, but the experience and service we received, let alone the car they had on the lot that my wife fell in love with, made me change my mind. Since she likes pinstripes, I guess it doesn't really matter.

Put 160+ miles on it yesterday, with the wife doing a majority of the driving (FYI: she always makes me do the driving wherever we go - I insisted that since this is her car, she does the driving when we take the G6; needless to say, she's not liking tjis change :lol: ). We took my mother-in-law to the Philly IKEA, and my wife made me drive home since it was dark and she's not familiar with Philly & getting back to NJ. I will say that the G6 has a great ride to it (a little better than my AURA), it handles about the as the AURA, and while the 3.5l V6 has great punch that I'm used to, I feel the AURA's 3.5l V6 is more powerful off the line (could be the gear ration maybe?). Since a majority of the miles put on it yesterday were highway, according to the DIC we were getting 23.3 MPG average. Not bad for a new car with very little miles.

And speaking of miles, the G6s that she test drove (a 4cyl WD and the V6 WD she bought) both had 3 miles on the ODO. The door jamb stickers both indicated that these two G6s were made this month (06/08). They literally were right off the carrier according to my salesman, especially since both cars had no gas in them (needles were below "E" on both). At the time of delivery, the V6 one had 6 miles on it (we drove the 4cyl G6 longer, and the V6 drive was a short trip for her just to compare the V6 to the 2.4l Ecotec since both cars had the same interior color and equipment). This is the second time we've purchased a car right off the lot that was pretty much recently off the carrier with brand new mileage, not counting my two ordered vehicles (2001 GMC Sonoma Highrider, 2007 Saturn SKY).

It's nice and sunny outside, so I'll steal the keys and get some more pictures of it today.

Once again, to be honest, pearl white is not my first colour choice, but "it's her car!" :AH-HA_wink: The door edge guards, though, dude, they definitely detract from the flowwwwing flanks of the G6 sedan. I'd be out there in the middle of the night excising them. I wish her many miles of happiness in her new Pontiac!

EDIT: I have seen those edge guards in body color. They would still be chip-resistant, but they would blend in so much better on that pretty car.

Edited by ocnblu

What kind of gas mileage did you get in it? I assume it was pretty bad?

I averaged about 16 MPG with a mostly city driving route; however, last weekend going to Carlisle for the All-GM Nationals show I got 26.1 MPG (that was based on calculations from the fuel used and how many gallons it took to fill back up - not on the DIC). When my wife drove it on her 32 mile one-way commute, it would give us between 18 & 20 MPG, with a mostly highway commute. The kicker was filling it up when on "E" - with gas prices at $3.97/regular where I live, I would see a near $70 bill. Now I'd go about 7-9 days between fill-ups depending on my driving, but with some recent car shows not local, not only was I filling up to travel to the show, I was also putting gas back in for the week ahead. The AURA has been taking between $50-$60 on it's own, if the wife allowed it to go to "E" (I told her to fill up at a 1/4 of a tank; she hates going to teh gas station for some reason!?!). The cost of driving does not come cheap!!

Just by coinkydink, my local BPG dealership (God I hope it NEVER becomes my local BS dealership :AH-HA_wink: ) has a VP G6 sedan... DX'd in from a Jersey dealership no less, with an ADM "full protection package", including door edge guards, which were body-color, by-the-by. The car is silver.

Thursday night the dealer-installed chrome appearance items (lower chrome grilles, upper recessed chrome grilles, door sill plates, chrome exhaust tip) were not on the car and I kinda of preferred it without the lower chrome grilles (we just looked at a dark blue one with them and I did'nt like how it looked). But it's her car and she said she wanted everything put on it. When we pulled up for delivery and she saw the car washed and with the parts on it, she instantly loved it. I really liked the upper recessed chrome grilles, and found the lower chrome grilles to be acceptable on the lighter color cars. I'm getting used to it - she keeps saying "You still don't like the lower chrome, do you?" Hahaha!!!

Funny you also thought this--I did when I first saw one, that I did like the upper chrome grilles (or just being inset, as they also offer black or body color) as they're a bit more interesting than the flush basic black ones, but that the lowers are a bit much.

Just by coinkydink, my local BPG dealership (God I hope it NEVER becomes my local BS dealership :AH-HA_wink: ) has a VP G6 sedan... DX'd in from a Jersey dealership no less, with an ADM "full protection package", including door edge guards, which were body-color, by-the-by. The car is silver.

ANOTHER one...okay, it is a Jersey thing. I haven't seen or known of any in Delaware that do such things or even the surrounding Maryland eastern shore. When we were looking at other combos, one found at a dealer specified (they have dealer trade instructions they can set...who to call, when, etc.) said $35 Pinstripe on all vehicles. I sarcastically said who still does that, and was met with the response..."Well, old timers...".

Edited by caddycruiser

When we were looking at other combos, one found at a dealer specified (they have dealer trade instructions they can set...who to call, when, etc.) said $35 Pinstripe on all vehicles. I sarcastically said who still does that, and was met with the response..."Well, old timers...".

Boy she isn't kidding! The dealership I worked at - Coleman Buick, Pontiac, GMC in Lawrenceville, around since the late '40s - did this to all of its Buicks, most of its used inventory, and at the time I worked there ('99-'00) started on the GMCs. They left most of the Pontiacs alone, excpet the Bonnevilles. The G.M. and S.M. stated that older peopled liked and expected the pinstripes :rolleyes: The VIN Etching was a sale the F.I. manager did, and one of the other managers would do it before the customer left (if so ordered). The Maguire Auto Group (Nissan in East Windsor; Chevrolet in Bordentown; Saturn in both Bordentown & Toms River), around since the '50s/'60s, all add the "package" <pinstripes, VIN etching, door guards, among some other things) to their inventory and make the customer buy it. I won't deal with them because of that policy. Sunday shopping at various dealers will let me know if I will deal with them or not, depending if that ADM sticker plus the extra crap is on their lot vehicles. I would like to deal with Burns BPG again, but I absolutely will not have or pay for (and remove on my own) pinstripes, VIN Etching (IMO it damages the glass), or stupid door guards. Since I've only lived and purchased cars in NJ (well, I did help a couple of people buy from Reedman-Toll Auto World in Langhorne, PA, and they too are guilty of this horrible act), I can't comment about other dealers in other states. But it's nice to see that I can buy in MD or DE and not have to deal with that crap!!!

But it's nice to see that I can buy in MD or DE and not have to deal with that crap!!!

Mostly, and at least with my favorite beach dealer even after changing owners and names, there's never ANY add-ons, never front plate brackets (DE doesn't need them...but even if they did, they should be left off until someone actually buys and then it's decided if needed or not), and just never stupid stuff. You want a car, go here. You want crap glued to it...go somewhere else. About the only thing the new owner & name added to the equation was, actually, really rather nice license plate surrounds that are chrome with the name & lighthouse logo. I didn't even realize they were dealer items until I got up close and saw one in detail.

But alas...your wife didn't mind the stuff and actually likes it, and mine will all be pealed off, holes plugged, and set back to the clean DE way. Not that the G6 is now the hot new car on the block, but we both certainly made great choices with our colors and options :thumbsup:

Well, it seems as my constant mentioning of how the black door edge guards detract from the white diamond paint and stand out in an awkward way has convinced my wife to allow me to remove them! That and me mentioning that when she shows off the car tomorrow at her job that I know several of her co-workers will tell her how strange black door edge guards look on the white car, has gotten the message through to her that they need to "go". I'll be taking them off before she heads out in the morning ^_^

Well, it seems as my constant mentioning of how the black door edge guards detract from the white diamond paint and stand out in an awkward way has convinced my wife to allow me to remove them! That and me mentioning that when she shows off the car tomorrow at her job that I know several of her co-workers will tell her how strange black door edge guards look on the white car, has gotten the message through to her that they need to "go". I'll be taking them off before she heads out in the morning ^_^

:thumbsup: