Guilty

Before my brother's wedding last weekend, he sent me an email, inviting me to a BBQ this weekend. I had every intention of going camping this weekend, and I told him what I was going to do, with the qualification that if it rains, I would be at his house and not stuck in the woods in a tent waiting for the sun. It rained.

I read the email as the BBQ was going to be today, and I was all set to show up at my bro's house this afternoon... but, stupid me, I reread the email last night, and the BBQ was yesterday at 3 pm. Now I missed out on camping and my brother's BBQ. Happy 4th, oh yeah. And I feel guilty for not paying closer attention to the date in his note. He leaves tomorrow for his Honeymoon.

If I call him today, it will look like I blew him off intentionally, and I really didn't. Did you ever unintentionally snub a family member, and how did you deal with the guilt?

The guilt just goes away eventually.

However, I'd still call and explain you misread the email and checked it out again after the Q was over. I'm sure he'll believe you rather than thinking you did it intentionally.

Nope. I haven't spoken to my mother since '99 and my life is just fine, thanks. When her husband died in December, I went to the funeral out of respect to the rest of my family and I was civil to my mother.

NO guilt on my part. She has ruined my life too many times. Won't get that chance again. She bought a CR-V last month, which only confirms my position. :lol:

If my mom did something so horrible as buy a CR-V, first of I'd ask her where the hell she got the money, then I'd question her taste, because ewww, a CR-V? Uglee! But I'd still talk to her.

About a month ago after Thursday night dinner at her place we were watching a taped episode of The Young and the Restless, when out of the blue she said "Where's your girl at? Don't you want to date girls? You'd better not like men, I will kick you out the door, never to return forever and a day." I laughed, and that was it.

If my mom did something so horrible as buy a CR-V, first of I'd ask her where the hell she got the money, then I'd question her taste, because ewww, a CR-V? Uglee! But I'd still talk to her.

About a month ago after Thursday night dinner at her place we were watching a taped episode of The Young and the Restless, when out of the blue she said "Where's your girl at? Don't you want to date girls? You'd better not like men, I will kick you out the door, never to return forever and a day." I laughed, and that was it.

DUDE SHE KNOWS :ph34r:

As for the dilemma, just be honest. Seriously...don't over-think this. Apologize and tell your brother the truth. Where's the harm in that?

Are you happy keeping the constant secret? I told my mother and it made things easier in the sense that she won't ask me where my girl is... although now I have the problem of her trying to convince me she knows how to make me straight. Seriously though, I'm very close to just walking away from my family... primarily because of my mother. It's going to be hard if I do it, because it's unheard of in a tight-knit Italian family, but honestly, how much longer can I spend my life lying to my family (because I was told to not tell others of my 'problem'), or listening to how this is a decision and if I turn to God, I'll be cured? I can't spend the rest of my life being miserable. Neither should you.