CURSES

So, my mom calls me at work today. Someone rear-ended her in her Cobalt while she was stopped at a red light. I wrote an estimate for $3200+. Dumbass said he reached down for a pen and didn't see her stopped, along with the rest of traffic at the light. Thing is, we fixed the dumbass' Forester less than 6 months ago, when he pulled out in front of someone and ripped the whole side out of it. We will be fixing his car again, as well, but I haven't seen it because the tow company (they knew where the car will be fixed) DROVE DIRECTLY BY our bodyshop to take it to their storage lot, so they can collect storage... UNTIL MONDAY. When I called the tow company and asked them why they drove by us with the car when they knew where it was to be dropped off... they said "sorry, we're closed until Monday". This was at 2:10 this afternoon! Unheard of in the towing business. Man, some ppl have brass balls, I'll tell ya. :explode:

We had guys working with us from out of town when I worked at Gaylor Electric. We were doing the Psychology building at Ohio State and they brought guys in from INDY, where the company H.Q. is.

One of the guys parked his truck (admittedly a Toyota Tundra) in a no parking zone, but it was only a no parking zone two days of the week.

When the towing company towed his truck, he asked me for a ride down to get it. We got there at 5:10 and they wouldn't let us get the truck, even though everyone was still there. They closed at 5:00, so we were only 10 minutes late.

Worse, the truck owner was diabetic and starting to need insulin. It took threats of both a lawsuit and kicking the guys ass on the spot for them to let us back to his truck to get his insulin, which was behind the seat in a bag.

They still wouldn't let us have the truck until the next A.M., even though my co worker needed the truck to get to his sons birthday party.

I coulda just shot the tow company guy.

Chris

Edited by 66Stang

Mom is OK, thanks Paulie. She is complaining a bit about her neck, but she'll be fine. She was driving her neighbor to a doctor's appointment when it happened. Edited by ocnblu

Thanks, Cort.

She has been threatening to trade the Cobalt in, and it has only intensified now that she's been hit. She has never liked this car, partly (she says) because it is hard for her to get in and out of, and because it has no power options, no keyless entry, no cubbies for storing stuff... etc. etc. etc. The only warranty issues she's had with it were the door trim problem, and the Chevy dealer put like 3 trim panels on the driver's door before they got one that would stay intact. She (rather insanely) misses her (somewhat troublesome) Toyota Echo and entertains thoughts of a Yaris. Hopefully when she gets it back from us after the repair, this clamor will die down.

Edited by ocnblu

Thanks, Cort.

She has been threatening to trade the Cobalt in, and it has only intensified now that she's been hit. She has never liked this car, partly (she says) because it is hard for her to get in and out of, and because it has no power options, no keyless entry, no cubbies for storing stuff... etc. etc. etc. The only warranty issues she's had with it were the door trim problem, and the Chevy dealer put like 3 trim panels on the driver's door before they got one that would stay intact. She (rather insanely) misses her (somewhat troublesome) Toyota Echo and entertains thoughts of a Yaris. Hopefully when she gets it back from us after the repair, this clamor will die down.

Show her some photos of the Cruze and tell her to wait a little longer. Or have her look at a Fit or Mazda 3, or even an LTZ Cobalt.

And remember: friends don't let friends drive Echos.

Edited by Dodgefan

Thanks, Cort.

*nods*

You're welcome.

Let's hope that clamor will die down. If it doesn't, then, at least she has the perfect "excuse" to get rid of it, since cars seem to change a bit after being hit, no matter how minor.

I'm sorry she doesn't like her Cobalt. My parents love their orange '06 sedan. I admit, it is a fun car to drive. I like it, but since it is FWD, would never own one myself....

Uh, they gave mom a Kia Rondo LXV6 as a rental with multiple burn holes in the seats. For some odd and embarrassing reason, she loves the dorky thing. She didn't know how to work the manual shift gate on the transmission, so we went for a ride and I showed her how to use it. She said "that's stupid, why have an automatic if you want to shift gears yourself?" I couldn't give a credible answer. Don't worry, I will not permit her to buy one.