Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CMG

Mini project pics....

52 posts in this topic

Got the front of my Jensen apart, going to do a little cleanup and upgrades, I'm dropping the front end around 1 1/2", getting the brakes and suspension up to snuff and cleaning things up in general....

Icky front end initial pic....

passbrake.jpg

Just starting the cleanup....

step1.jpg

I want the front end lower because my car came with taller springs to attain a North American legal front bumper height. I want a level car though.....

jensen_front.jpg

Thanks for sharing these!

Chris

I'll have more pics soon! lol

I just bought a set of Delta S&S Interceptor headers and a whole bunch of other parts, and tomorrow I get a not-so-correct intake manifold I'm hoping.... swapping out tires and suspension pieces too...

I wonder how many Jensens have these....?

lol

jentrouble.jpg

Yeah, call me stupid.....

The CH28 intake is easy to find, but I hunted down a set of ceramic coated S&S / Delta Motorsport Jensen Interceptor headers...

Still collecting parts, but more to come!

Edited by CMG

Sorry about the crappy pic.... but I went with the widest tire possible while remaining the correct height.

Factory Interceptor tires were the equivelant to a 205/70/15. The best matchup I could do while getting the widest tread possible was 235/60/15 tires.....

rearjentire.jpg

And for those not familiar with English cars.... LOL

This is actually the upper wishbones. "A arms" to you and me....

I had to glassbead them, paint them, and I'll install new bushings as the existing ones were trashed!

wishbones.jpg

I'm loving this car.... those headers, with their

Siamesed inner pipes, look awfully pedestrian.

(like the ones on my '68 Camaro's ZZ350)

More, MORE, MORE!

I'm sure the Jensen purist/elitist won't like the mods, but I want more performance. I'll keep the mods more or less to the powertrain, I've got more pics coming. The front end was disgusting, I've been media blasting and cleaning for days, and it's just to get the car on the road. It will come back apart completely when I redo the body, I might end up powdercoating the stuff I paint for now, depends how my wallet looks...

I'm going to try for a fairly mild 500hp-ish drivetrain for now, and I'll see what brakes! ;)

My parts chasing is coming to a close, I'm still tracking down upper and lower ball joints, but my carbs came in.

Two Edelbrock 500s, they are polished, I'm going to polish the intake too.....

carbs.jpg

Nice.

Any shots of the disassembled car?

Just the front end is off for now, front suspension and brakes. I'm hoping to get a pic of the front as it sits tomorrow... if the monsoon lets up!

It's amazing what you consider to be "mini"

If I had the funds it would be a MAJOR redo.

lol

I'm just gonna do what I can afford right now, I've got ten too many projects on my plate!

I figured I would polish my own intake. YUCK! Filthy and tedious!

I'm about 50-60% finished sanding and shaping, forget the polishing! LOL

The polishing will be the EASY part I hope! ;)

sandintake.jpg

Holidays and a couple feet of snow caused a bit of a break for me as far as car stuff goes, but I'm picking away still.....

I've got the manifold past the shaping stage, and have it about halfway polished I figure.... hopefully another 4-8 hours more and I won't have to be black and stick anymore! ;)

jenduals1.jpg

jenduals2.jpg

Back at it!

This is as nice as the wheelwell areas are going to get for now, it's gonna be my driver until my Coupe is running, I can rip it apart later and do it nice....

jensenpa.jpg

jensenpa1.jpg

I cut the front springs down myself to lower the front of the car (HOPEFULLY) 2" in ride height.

If I didn't get it bang on, I got spares! LOL

jensenpa2.jpg

jensenpa3.jpg