Sign in to follow this  
Satty

American Family Association ends McDonalds boycott

Ted Haggard was gay, but James Dobson cured him of it. Or some crap like that. Gay cure :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And when I posted this, I considered adding a "political" label, but there was no political party or candidate mentioned in the original article. It wasn't until a few posts in that politics came into play, I figured that would lead to a thread closing and I thought this could turn into an interesting discussion, so I added the label.

got this in an email the other day, whether its fluff or not, you be the judge...but it is interesting.

TO ALL MY FRIENDS....LIBERAL OR CONSERVATIVE...FYI only.

George Bush has been in office for 7 1/2 years. The first six the economy was fine.

A little over one year ago:

1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;

2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;

3) the unemployment rate was 4.5%.

4) the DOW JONES hit a record high--14,000 +

5) American's were buying new cars,taking cruises, vacations overseas, living large!...

But American's wanted 'CHANGE'! So, in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress and yes--we got 'CHANGE' all right. In the PAST YEAR:

1) Consumer confidence has plummeted;

2) Gasoline is now over $4 a gallon & climbing!;

3) Unemployment is up to 5.5% (a 10% increase);

4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 TRILLION DOLLARS and prices still dropping;

5) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.

6) as I write, THE DOW is probing another low~~

$2.5 TRILLION DOLLARS HAS EVAPORATED FROM THEIR STOCKS, BONDS & MUTUAL FUNDS INVESTMENT PORTFOLIOS!

YES, IN 2006 AMERICA VOTED FOR CHANGE...AND WE SURE GOT IT! .

REMEMBER THE PRESIDENT HAS NO CONTROL OVER ANY OF THESE ISSUES, ONLY CONGRESS.

AND WHAT HAS CONGRESS DONE IN THE LAST TWO YEARS, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

NOW THE DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT CLAIMS HE IS GOING TO REALLY GIVE US CHANGE ALONG WITH A DEMOCRATIC CONGRESS!!!!

JUST HOW MUCH MORE 'CHANGE' DO YOU THINK YOU CAN STAND?

What, reg, does that have to do with McDonalds hating gay people?

George Bush has been in office for 7 1/2 years. The first six the economy was fine.
At that point I stopped reading.

The rest of the email should go like this:

Maude smoked 3 packs of Lucky's a day since she was 18 and she's always been perfectly healthy. Two years ago she quit cigarettes completely. Since then she's developed cancer... in fact, her cancer has cancer. Clearly quitting smoking was no good for Maude's health.

...but Ocn, isn't being anti-gay rights a real traditional Republican viewpoint?

I see anti-gay rights as a far-right, conservative republican viewpoint.....and not in any way indicative of how the vast majority of republicans feel......

got this in an email the other day, whether its fluff or not, you be the judge...but it is interesting.

....and I'll add to that......Obama has voted 95% of the time in accordance with this very same Democratic congress. THIS is one thing that scares me so much about him. You put him in the white house and he will effectively be a "rubber stamp" for a Congress that has an even lower approval rating than the Bush Administration......scary.......

Going back to original topic......it really drives me nuts how the AFA makes such extensive use of the words homosexual "movement" and homosexual "agenda."

What sort of "movement" or "agenda" am I, as a gay man, supposed to be on?

:confused0071:

I'm just living my life like everyone else.....and expected to be treated the same as everyone else. It's funny, because day-to-day, I forget that there are really these religious fanatics out there. My life, as an open gay man, is so lacking in drama from people I'm around, people I work with, people I come across every day....(no one at all really seems to care about me being gay that is)......that I forget that there is still a real serious danger from these fanatics.

What does this have to do with this thread?

Going back to original topic......it really drives me nuts how the AFA makes such extensive use of the words homosexual "movement" and homosexual "agenda."

Shouldn't you, as a gay man, be offended by the "heterosexual movement and agenda?" If I were you, I'd be offended by it.

Shouldn't you, as a gay man, be offended by the "heterosexual movement and agenda?" If I were you, I'd be offended by it.

I am....but it seems the vasy majority of people on this "heterosexual movement and agenda" are these types of fanatics.....

For example, when I'm out-and-about at some of the many (straight) bars around Las Vegas with some of my friends, I get hit on quite a bit by women! I don't feel repulsed by it...in fact, it's kinda flattering.

Ultimately, it comes out that I'm/we are gay......then we all get a good laugh about it, and have a fun time shooting the $h! with those women......it's all good.....

....and I'll add to that......Obama has voted 95% of the time in accordance with this very same Democratic congress. THIS is one thing that scares me so much about him. You put him in the white house and he will effectively be a "rubber stamp" for a Congress that has an even lower approval rating than the Bush Administration......scary.......

At this point, I'd think the disapproval rating congress has comes from not standing up to Bush and Co.

The democrat's agenda will be substantially different with a democrat in the whitehouse....

As a gay man, you're trying to make everyone else gay. Or something like that. They're pretty much just interpreting the bible to say you need to be "healed" because you may turn their kids gay.

[AFA mode] Geez, at least if you're going to be gay, stay in the closet. We only hate the queers who wear pink tank tops and roller blade on the beach holding hands. Its far better for you to live feeling ashamed of yourself that it is for us to have to feel uncomfortable around you because you're different.[/AFA mode]

PS "IF" you are indeed born gay or lesbian why hasn't anybody sought government funding for finding a cure?

Because anyone with even half a brain knows it's not something that needs a cure.

Because anyone with even half a brain knows it's not something that needs a cure.

Thats it mister, you're test subject #1 for my gay cure. Its a pill I've tentatively named Vaginalishex.

Thats it mister, you're test subject #1 for my gay cure. Its a pill I've tentatively named Vaginalishex.

:lol:

Gee, the AFA is still around? Didn't they just disappear when Britney Spears came on the scene? :confused0071:

Where do we need to get exactly? I will never be in favor of gay and lesbian couples. Period. However, I will never pursue legislation that allows or disallows it. It simply is not the job of the government. So, I will again iterate... if it is brought up in public it is open for public discussion.

PS "IF" you are indeed born gay or lesbian why hasn't anybody sought government funding for finding a cure?

ellen-degeneres-portia-derossi-our-mere-

ellen-degeneres-portia-derossi-our-mere-

You apparently misunderstand me. Afraid of homosexuals no. Disagree with the LIFESTYLE yes. Any person with a brain would notice that it wasn't meant that way. The only arguement that homosexuals produce for the LIFESTYLE choice is that they are born that way. Well if you are indeed born that way why aren't we seeking a cure?

Like a said before, you disagree with what I think and that is fine. I have no problem with that. You do. That sums up the whole issue nationally.

I don't get organizations like the AFA, especially when they defend marriage. It's not as if marriage is all that sacred of a sacrament anymore these days, and it's not gay people that have ruined it.

I mean, Earnest Borgnine, has had like what, nine wives?

We should ban divorce. As a Catholic, divorce offends me deeply. You Protestants are playing with fire. Your whole religion is based on the fact that some fat king wanted to get a divorce and ruin the sanctity of marriage. The hypocrisy of it all makes me sick to my stomach and makes me realize how many false religions are out there.

For those comparing the gay movement to the racial issues of the past... shame on you! Not even close.

I missed that reference. My comparison between homosexuality and race is the fact that people are born with these "conditions" and that neither is "curable."

You will make a fortune from all of those gay Christians who are looking for a cure. I want to be an early investor!

For those comparing the gay movement to the racial issues of the past... shame on you! Not even close.

You're right, not even close because you can't even tell how many gays are around you at any given time by giving the room a quick scan.