PS2 Issue

daves87rs

is it overheating? Is your fan not working or is it semi-covered?

It's warm-doesn't seem too hot. (though I haven't heard the fan kick on in a week or so.)

I bought it used at Gamestop, and it seemed fine up until these last few days.

No matter what I play, it will only stay on 20-30 minutes after I start play-then it turns itself off.

It is a slim one, which lays down, and has nothing around it to keep plenty of airflow.

And I don't play long..I think the longest was like 3 hours or so....

It averages about about 1-2 hours maybe 3 times a week......

THough I was thinking short, it could be overheating.....but there is not even any dust on it....

Time to buy a 360. :smilewide:

I've been thinking about getting one, but I know that if I did one of two things would happen. I would either play it constantly and never get any more important things done. Or I would never play it, making it a waste of money.

I doubt this has anything to do with your problem but you never know. I wouldn't have believed this if I hadn't seen it myself. I have a friend who has a new flat screen tv. When he plays the second dvd of the 'Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring' movie, there is a specific scene where it shuts the tv off. It is consistent and repeatable and so far, no other dvd has caused the problem. It's the weirdest thing related to electronics I've ever seen.

If you play a different game, do you have the same problem?

I doubt this has anything to do with your problem but you never know. I wouldn't have believed this if I hadn't seen it myself. I have a friend who has a new flat screen tv. When he plays the second dvd of the 'Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring' movie, there is a specific scene where it shuts the tv off. It is consistent and repeatable and so far, no other dvd has caused the problem. It's the weirdest thing related to electronics I've ever seen.

If you play a different game, do you have the same problem?

Yep, 3 games so far......

I wonder if the TV is not a big fan of the "rings".... :lol:

Honestly, I heard a LOT of people say the newer (slim) one overheats very easily and does that. I'm sorry--dunno what to say!

I have had my older one for years--my friend gave it to me because he never played it after the kids were born. I've left that thing on overnight in the middle of a game, and it was fine--it's been on for over 24 hours once and not a problem. But I did hear his nephew got a newer one and it kept overheating while they'd play NHL.

My PS2 has never done that, not that I've used it in the last 18 months. :(

That would def. piss me off, what an annoyance. One time while in the

middle of a game of Heroes of the Pacific the power went out just as I

was in a dogfight with a Japanese plane in my F4U and about to break

some personal record. It was stellar, I used some nasty words.

the slimline doesn't have a fan in it. I would try to dust it out with compressed air or dust off. Or trade it back into gamestop and get the silver one used if its the black one or the other way around. since it will work why they test it. My slim has only stoped working from a scratched CD. So it might be a overheating issue which would be crazy.

Here's a couple dumb questions:

-Are any of the games you're experiencing this problem with bootlegs

-You said you bought the system used at Gamestop; could this thing be f@#ked up inside because the person who owned it before you tried to mod it to play non-US market games?