Who wants to loan me $5000?

Satty

There is a '71 Eldorado for sale in the Wal-Mart parking lot, $5000. Its red with a tan top and red leather interior. The body is really straight, the interior is in great shape, only problem I see is the rear window on the passenger side is down and I dont know why. I want it and I could probably talk my way into being permitted to buy it, but I'd have to find someone to give me a loan for at least part of it and someplace to store it. :(

what an intersting range of extremes. prius for saving fuel, but then get the old 70's guzzler?

I have a friend in Colorado that's kind of at similar extremes, at least as far as gas mileage--he has a Prius for his 80 round trip mile commute, a Subaru Outback for the family car, and his new 40th birthday midlife crisis toy is a new black Challenger SRT8..saw it Friday, a pretty sweet car.

Another friend (in Oakland, Ca) has a Prius for his daily driver and a '73 Ford LTD Country Squire wagon w/ a 460 for his weekend toy.

Speaking of Eldos, I was driving to the airport in Denver yesterday and saw a white '73 Eldo convertible w/ the top down on the airport road...pretty sweet.

Edited by moltar

Already got the 80's gas guzzler which looks odd in the driveway next to the Prius.

I think that to pull this off I'm going to have to appeal to the romanticism of owning a big, old convertible for those midsummer drives to nowhere.

Sounds great to me... one of my dream oldies would a '71 LTD convertible...