Drove two Lucernes today

Stoopsbuick

Today I drove a lucerne CX and CXS in a comparason test to the Lexus ES 330 (I think) The CXS is nothing short of impressive...both the rear and front were very roomy and the car handled awesome on the course they had set out....I'm really looking forward to this now... B) B)

Mr. Stoops,   As a Buick dealer, what do you think the chances Buick will make the Velite?  I'm a 30 something, who would give up German to buy that Buick.

[post="37755"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well I wish I knew the exact answer to that but the way they were talking at the dealer confrence in Vegas a couple weeks ago I'm not too confident...I really wish they'd build it because it's a great looking car and it's attracted a lot of interest Edited by Stoopsbuick

Today I drove a lucerne CX and CXS in a comparason test to the Lexus ES 330 (I think)  The CXS is nothing short of impressive...both the rear and front were very roomy and the car handled awesome on the course they had set out....I'm really looking forward to this now... B)  B)

[post="37745"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

yeah!!!
where is your store, sir?

The first thing that really surprised me is the cabin room in the front and the rear. I'm right at 6 feet tall and the front and rear leg room was both comfortable, my knees weren't in the back seat with the front seat fully retracted for once :) Both front and rear seats we're padded well and very comfortable...especially for a back seat. I'm not much of a cloth fan but the cloth they used is very nice on the car. As far as the powerplant is concerned I feel like the 3800 is a little underpowered for the car but I have no complaints about the northstar motor. The HK sound system to me is one of the best we've had in a long time and all of the radio and climate control buttons are easy to use. The perforated leather was comfortable and breathed well and the heated/air conditioned seats are well worth getting. The trunk space in it is great as well they had a demo of fitting 3 suitcases 3 golf bags and a cooler into a lucernce vs. the ES 330 and what fit well in the Lucerne's trunk they couldn't get to fit in the Lexus. I will say that the CXS does ride a little hard by some of our customer's standards but you're getting a lot of performance in return the cornering characteristics with the magnetic ride control makes it a lot of fun to drive. They did a real good job of hiding the park assist on the bumpers you can barely notice them now. My biggest complaint with the car is the 16" wheels on the CX just didn't look right to me...And I will say check out the Tuxedo blue/Shale interior...It looked goood on that car with ming blue. Overall I'm in love with this car I just hope they keep it up at this pace...

Is it worth trading my 2003 Aurora V8 for? Reason being, the Aurora, in my opinion, was the last GM large sedan that offered power, performance and looks, despite it's lame FWD. Edited by steamer

Is it worth trading my 2003 Aurora V8 for? Reason being, the Aurora, in my opinion, was the last  GM large sedan that offered power, performance and looks, despite it's lame FWD.

[post="38154"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'd have to say yes to that one if you get a CXS...

This car looks nice. I agree about the 3800 base model. It is going to feel underpowered. Less power, more weight and lazy 2.86:1 gears will have that effect on a large car. I'm surprised that the Northstar version with the base 3.11 gears is only rated at 17/25 when this combo used to be rated at 18/27 in the previous, heavier Deville. Honestly I think GM pulls mileage ratings out of there butt. The new Malibu is another one. The 04/05 Ecotec was rated 24/35 and the 06 drops to 24/32 which is the same highway rating as the 3500 V6. Litterally everyone with the Ecotec is geeting more than 34-35 on the highway so GM's lower ratings are puzzling in light of higher gas prices.

This car looks nice. I agree about the 3800 base model. It is going to feel underpowered. Less power, more weight and lazy 2.86:1 gears will have that effect on a large car. I'm surprised that the Northstar version with the base 3.11 gears is only rated at 17/25 when this combo used to be rated at 18/27 in the previous, heavier Deville. Honestly I think GM pulls mileage ratings out of there butt. The new Malibu is another one. The 04/05 Ecotec was rated 24/35 and the 06 drops to 24/32 which is the same highway rating as the 3500 V6. Litterally everyone with the Ecotec is geeting more than 34-35 on the highway so GM's lower ratings are puzzling in light of higher gas prices.

[post="38202"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The EPA sets the final mileage estimates.....GM doesn't "pull them out of their ass."

:lol:

ES330 is priced more like Lucerne, but is a smaller car. I would rather see the LaCrosse competent enough to take on ES330 (but it's not....) Lucerne seems to be more of an Avalon competitor from a size, performance, and price standpoint.

I will say that the CXS does ride a little hard by some of our customer's standards but you're getting a lot of performance in return the cornering characteristics with the magnetic ride control makes it a lot of fun to drive.

[post="38152"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah... I kind of expected that. I think most traditional Buick buyers will go for the CXL V8, while conquest sales and FWD Seville owners will prefer the CXS. I'm looking forward to test-driving the CXS.

Thanks for sharing your review & first impressions! :)