What's your favorite Transformers Series?

Transformers  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which Series is your favorite?

• Generation 1
    • Generation 2
    • Beast Wars
    • Beast Machines
    • Robots in Disguise
    • Armada
    • Energon
    • Cybertron
    • Animated
    • 2007 Movie
    • Other

G1, and the original movie.

Beasties was awesome too, although I had trouble chugging through the third and fourth season.

I watched two minutes of an Armada episode and switched the channel. All the new, 'anime' stuff is horrible, although the Playstation 2 game loosely based on the Armada series, but with G1 badassery is a great game to play.

G1, and the original movie.

Beasties was awesome too, although I had trouble chugging through the third and fourth season.

I watched two minutes of an Armada episode and switched the channel. All the new, 'anime' stuff is horrible, although the Playstation 2 game loosely based on the Armada series, but with G1 badassery is a great game to play.

Technically Beast Wars was 3 seasons.

Beast Wars is my favorite series for many reasons. The fact that it was CGI meant that it could do things that were impossible with G1 and basically ever series that followed. They made excellent use of the 3D medium. The animation of Beast Wars (and Beast Machines) puts all other series the followed (besides the movie of course) to shame. More than just that, I loved the character roster, and character development that I don't think was seen in any other series (including the movie) besides the sequel. This is of course thanks to the smaller cast of characters. It had an excellent story that was complex and all its own while managing to make ties to the original Transformers series (how cool was it when they discovered the Ark?).

Beast wars also managed to straddle the line where younger kids could enjoy it but it didn't feel overly childish, so older fans could enjoy it as well.

When I was a kid I only saw a few of the the G2 series, it was Beast Wars that I grew up with.

Beast Machines was good too, but I don't like what the writers did to the characters (especially RatTrap, Megatron, Silverbolt, and Optimus), plus it always felt like it has religious/treehugger overtones to it.

Plus, Cybertron is Primus' body...how could it have an organic core? :P

Generation 1 for me. It makes my stomach turn to know what I did to all of my Transformers and playsets knowing what some of them are worth today.

I know right? I have Optimus, Starscream, and Ramjet hanging around in pieces because I didn't take care of them when I was little. Ashame, I always loved my Starscream toy.

Of course if I could find enough of Starscream I could buy the parts to rebuild him...lots of pieces of him for sale on ebay.

Nice how the re-imagined the toys with more modern designs (they can move their legs now!).

Beast Wars is what turned me on to the series, so I'll go with that. I remember it was always on at 7:00am and the school bus always came at 7:20, so I always saw how the show started, but never how it ended. With the advent of torrents, I no longer have to worry about it. Take that, terrestrial television!

Yeah I discovered recently that someone on youtube uploaded teh entire Beast wars and Beast Machines series...so I made sure to waste a lot of free time rewatching the episodes ^_^

Edited by Dodgefan

I always though Beasties had 4 seasons. Oh well, what do I know. :P

What made the show better though, was that it was on after ReBoot. Both shows were done by the same company, meaning I was treated to be the best f*cking hour on television any kid in the 90's could have ever had.

Edit: I. Want. This. Shirt.

Edited by Captainbooyah

I always though Beasties had 4 seasons. Oh well, what do I know. :P

What made the show better though, was that it was on after ReBoot. Both shows were done by the same company, meaning I was treated to be the best f*cking hour on television any kid in the 90's could have ever had.

Agreed!

Always thought the Beasties name was kinda silly sounding...you Canadians. :P

Did the characters refer to it was the Beast Wars in the actual show?

Season 1 Was from "Beast Wars Part I" to "Other Voices Part 2"

Season 2 was "Aftermath" to "The Agenda Part 3"

Season 3 was "Optimal Situation" to "Nemesis Part 2"

Edited by Dodgefan

Reboot was one of the best shows, ever. especially the bond episode "firewall" great stuff.

I don't know what transformers i watched (gen 1 or 2).. the movie still kicks ass though. watched some beastwars, but hardly watched it when it was on.

As an old fogey, I like the early series the best. Animated sucks, and anyway, they were all animated. At least the early series had a plot and an overall story arc which the more recent series seem to have totally abandoned. Oh and the studio producing them was a subsidiary of Hasbro (I don't know who does them now).

Yes, everything that followed Beast Machines has pretty much sucked. Armada I heard got better as the series progressed but it started out terribly with a slow moving plot and poor animation quality after episode 1. Energon and Cybertron had lots of problems because their were many errors in translation, haphazard voice work, and the CGI was downright primitive compared to the older CGI of the Beast Era. I haven't even bothered to watch Animated...I don't like the Teen Titans (read: American style trying too hard to be anime style without the details) style.

I know right? I have Optimus, Starscream, and Ramjet hanging around in pieces because I didn't take care of them when I was little. Ashame, I always loved my Starscream toy.

I have a Gen-2 purple Ramjet lying around somewhere that is in very good condition.

The standard isn't very high, but Beast Wars probably had the best plot of the ones i remember seeing. I also thought the movie had the best robot design of any of the series, smoothly incorporating anime influences into the classic design. I just wish the movie's actual plot had followed suit. If you're going to make a movie about giant battling robots without being completely stupid, it's best to look to Japan for some inspiration.

I have a Gen-2 purple Ramjet lying around somewhere that is in very good condition.

The standard isn't very high, but Beast Wars probably had the best plot of the ones i remember seeing. I also thought the movie had the best robot design of any of the series, smoothly incorporating anime influences into the classic design. I just wish the movie's actual plot had followed suit. If you're going to make a movie about giant battling robots without being completely stupid, it's best to look to Japan for some inspiration.

Certainly agreement about Japan's experience with giant robot shows.

The movie's big problem is that it was too focused on the humans...as in their were way too many human characters.

Hopefully the sequel will focus more on the robots.

G1 was boss... I'm not even sure what the heck

all that other mumbo-jumbo is but there aint

nothin cooler than a COE 18-wheeler that does

magic tricks: like making his huge, (53 foot)

trailer dissapear while turning into a three story

robot, the '07 movie was freekin awesome too.

G1 was boss... I'm not even sure what the heck

all that other mumbo-jumbo is but there aint

nothin cooler than a COE 18-wheeler that does

magic tricks: like making his huge, (53 foot)

trailer dissapear while turning into a three story

robot, the '07 movie was freekin awesome too.

Well the tailor was kind of a paradox, since he doesn't use it in robot form as far as I remember. Optimus Primal from Beast Wars was a gorilla. At the time lots of people didn't like that because Optimus Prime was a truck.

There's a saying that went: "Trukk not munky"

To that I say...

200px-OptimalOptimus_Opsituation_feralsc

Trukk and munky...and playne.

I lik trukks and dinosars and playns

but i lik my transfermors best as

kamaros. Espeshaly if they ar the

koncept bassd onez that have no

bee-pillors.

That shot to someone of MY generation, is remeniscent of

only ONE thing: Power Rangers. :puke:

Transformers were the $hit in 1987 when I was 8 years

old & my family moved to the USA. Not until the 2007

movie did I regain an interest in them...

That shot to someone of MY generation, is remeniscent of

only ONE thing: Power Rangers. :puke:

Transformers were the $hit in 1987 when I was 8 years

old & my family moved to the USA. Not until the 2007

movie did I regain an interest in them...

Hah, well I could give you a detailed synopsis as to why he is like that, but to sum it it up very briefly:

Megatron was originally a T-Rex as an alternate form. He wanted more power so he merged his spark with that of the original Megatron (who was in stasis lock). The idea was he would gain power in a similar way Optimus Primal had when he held the spark of Optimus Prime (to save his life). However while in the process of transformation, which leave the subject unable to move, he was betrayed and thrown into the lava pits outside of the Ark, and thus was mutated further.

You should watch some before you knock it. :P

Edited by Dodgefan

Wow... I think I lost at least two dozen brain cells reading that nonsense.

It makes Comic book superhero stories believable. :P

Wow... I think I lost at least two dozen brain cells reading that nonsense.

It makes Comic book superhero stories believable. :P

It is fiction, technically falls into the sci-fi genre.

Besides it's no less believable than say, GM producing a mordern 4-door hardtop in the next 2 years. :P

Gen 1 Transformers will always be my favorite toys in the world... although I was blown away by the Armada/Energon Unicron and Primus. I have two of each... one in the box and one out for display. :)

I really should take inventory one day of the gen 1 transformers I have in storage underneath the staircase at my parent's:

Trypticon (in styrofoam)

Metroplex (in box-opened)

Scorpinok (in box - opened)

Megatron

Optimus Prime

Galvatron

Starscream

SoundWave

ShockWave

Contructicons (forming Devastator)

Stunticons (forming Menasor)

Combaticons (forming Bruticus)

Terrorcons (Forming Abominus)

Aeriobots (Forming Superior)

Technobots (Forming Computron)

TargetMasters

HeadMasters

micro transformers

Yadda Yadda Yadda.... several others... REALLY... too many to count... I was spoiled. Okay????!!!!

I even sent off the proofs of purchase for Reflector... :)

Gen 1 Transformers will always be my favorite toys in the world... although I was blown away by the Armada/Energon Unicron and Primus. I have two of each... one in the box and one out for display. :)

I really should take inventory one day of the gen 1 transformers I have in storage underneath the staircase at my parent's:

Trypticon (in styrofoam)

Metroplex (in box-opened)

Scorpinok (in box - opened)

Megatron

Optimus Prime

Galvatron

Starscream

SoundWave

ShockWave

Contructicons (forming Devastator)

Stunticons (forming Menasor)

Combaticons (forming Bruticus)

Terrorcons (Forming Abominus)

Aeriobots (Forming Superior)

Technobots (Forming Computron)

TargetMasters

HeadMasters

micro transformers

Yadda Yadda Yadda.... several others... REALLY... too many to count... I was spoiled. Okay????!!!!

I even sent off the proofs of purchase for Reflector... :)

I have only 3 Gen 2 transformers...Optimus, Ramjet and Starscream...but all suffered the fate toys do in the hands of a child...they are in pieces and missing parts sadly.

Since Beast Wars was the series that got me really hooked on Transformers I have lots of the toys.