Ball funk

Satty

Not those balls, pervs. I'm talking sports, as in I'm in a funk because there are no worthwhile sports this time of year. The NFL is a bunch of whiny, overpayed jackasses, and the games aren't really that exciting. College football is dead to me since Mizzou cant seem to beat a halfway decent team. The NBA is worthless, the only good part of the game is the last two minutes, since just about every game is close, but then there are timeouts after every play. I cant watch a basketball game when it goes to commercial every thirty seconds. College basketball doesn't interest me because all the best players are already in the NBA, plus neither Mizzou nor Missouri State is very good. And then you have hockey, which is just toothless guys playing soccer on ice. Wooooo! I guess I'll just have to watch Dominican baseball on ESPN Deportes until Spring Training.

I will say this about the NFL, they always have the best criminals. You never hear about NBA or MLB players shooting themselves in the leg at a night club.

Edited by Satty

Personally, college football is the only stick and ball type game I ever seem to watch.

The last time I watched a full length baseball game it was the Cleveland Indians back in 1991.

The last time I watched an NBA game was 1992.

I go to Columbus Blue Jackets Hocky games once in awhile...

Chris

I still watch NHL, following the Avalanche...I try and catch an NFL game occasionally, esp. the Broncos and Steelers. I don't really enjoy baseball on tv, but I enjoy going to games (Rockies or Diamondbacks). Went to a lot of Rockies games '02-07.

I still watch NHL, following the Avalanche...I try and catch an NFL game occasionally, esp. the Broncos and Steelers. I don't really enjoy baseball on tv, but I enjoy going to games (Rockies or Diamondbacks). Went to a lot of Rockies games '02-07.

A man after my own heart. I'm a HUGE Ave fan, and watch every Steelers game we get here in Wyoming...otherwise it's internet updates...I also follow the Broncos...mostly just because they're about as 'local' as it gets around here, plus my whole family and most of my friends are Bronco fans. Everything else just seems boring to me...even in person I can't get too excited about baseball...basketball it just depends on the game...

A man after my own heart. I'm a HUGE Ave fan, and watch every Steelers game we get here in Wyoming...otherwise it's internet updates...I also follow the Broncos...mostly just because they're about as 'local' as it gets around here, plus my whole family and most of my friends are Bronco fans. Everything else just seems boring to me...even in person I can't get too excited about baseball...basketball it just depends on the game...

Yeah, the Steelers are a childhood favorite (lived about 30 miles from Pittsburgh as a kid), and having lived in Colorado 11 years, I got into the Broncos, Avs, and Rockies in a big way in the late '90s.

I'm a UNC + Carolina Panthers fan, so I can't really commiserate with you, especially after last night's beat-down of the Buccaneers. Although I am currently pissed at the Hurricanes for firing Peter Laviolette and re-hiring Paul freakin' Maurice.

Edited by Enzora