Montreal Autoshow: BMW 7 Series

!!!TED!!!

Here are some pictures I took of the 2010 BMW 7 Series at the Montreal International Autoshow in Quebec, Canada on Tuesday January 20th.

It still looks like a giant grand flagship, but the styling remains love it or hate it.

I dont think it looks too bad (from some angles). The grille is huge!

VIDEO:

IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

Almost indetectable changes to an ubitquitously uninteresting vehicle.

Pig nostrils are really inching forward relative to the headlights. Going for a bit more 'snout-esque' look in profile, I see.

And the interior still features a black steering wheel that matches nothing else in the car, looking every bit like a replacement wheel from another color-scheme car. Classy.

There cannot really be people excited over this...

:(

:P

Don't take it too hard. I think it would be quite difficult to make this car look good at any angle. I was just used to seeing it in pictures without the "snout" so pronounced.

Almost indetectable changes to an ubitquitously uninteresting vehicle.

Pig nostrils are really inching forward relative to the headlights. Going for a bit more 'snout-esque' look in profile, I see.

And the interior still features a black steering wheel that matches nothing else in the car, looking every bit like a replacement wheel from another color-scheme car. Classy.

There cannot really be people excited over this...

Well, to be fair, the outgoing 7 did have a color-matched wheel in some cases. In my opinion it didn't look right. I am used to the black steering wheel which every BMW has always had as far as I can think of...Maybe it is because I am so accustomed to it, but it looks natural to me.

I'd also say the new 7 is much different than the outgoing 7...but that's not saying much.

2008_bmw_750li.jpg

2008-BMW-7-Series-06602111990003.jpg

Edited by Nick

I like the interior of the old 7 much better. This new one looks generic, like any other recent BMW, whereas the E65's emulated modern furniture design. It still looks very contemporary, even if it's eight years old...

composition_1.jpg

New exterior looks boring, too... too much like the LS.

Edited by empowah

I'm not a fan of BMW's interior designs since well, the last 3 Series.

Also, while the overall shape of this car is much better than teh one it replaces, it's the details that screw it up. I hate how both the head and tail lights dip into the lower fascia at the corners...it looks like a cheesy afterthought. Call me crazy, but based on looks along I would rather have the LS....or the S-Class...MB hasn't screwed that up yet.