2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

2012_Jeep_Grand_Cherokee_SRT8_Jalopnik-t

he biggest news we've received is the high-po Jeep will receive the 6.4-liter 392 HEMI V8 with anywhere between 505-525 tire burning horsepower and roughly 510 ft-lbs of torque, all driven through a revised AWD system. The 392 HEMI has also been rumored to show up in other 2010 SRT8 models, but we're guessing it'll arrive first in the mid-cycle refresh for both the Challenger and Charger in 2011.

Full Article and Gallery

That's a Jeep grill. The 7 slot grill has been around before Hummer even existed. :wink:

True it has been around but not really in that distinct style. My parents Jeep grand Cherokee was not like that but then I have my hummers so for me it will always be hummer no matter how long Jeep says they been using it. :P

Just glad that Jeep is keeping the SRT8 going, they need this to keep sales up and running.

True it has been around but not really in that distinct style. My parents Jeep grand Cherokee was not like that but then I have my hummers so for me it will always be hummer no matter how long Jeep says they been using it. :P

Just glad that Jeep is keeping the SRT8 going, they need this to keep sales up and running.

Blasphemy. The 7 slot grille has been a Jeep thing for decades...HUMMER stole it.. in fact, IIRC, DCX sued GM when they came out with the H2.

And the GC's have always had them, pretty much always in the same style--my 2nd gen has the slots a bit curved and angled inward ('99-03, '04 changed the grille to vertical slots) but the 1st, 3rd, and this new 4th gen grilles are all are very similar--straight up-and-down 7 slots, sometimes in a chrome grille, sometimes in a body color grille, depending on the trim level.

That said, the SRT8 version is pretty cool..though I'd rather have a diesel.

Edited by moltar

Blasphemy. The 7 slot grille has been a Jeep thing for decades...HUMMER stole it.. in fact, IIRC, DCX sued GM when they came out with the H2.

And the GC's have always had them, pretty much always in the same style--my 2nd gen has the slots a bit curved and angled inward ('99-03, '04 changed the grille to vertical slots) but the 1st, 3rd, and this new 4th gen grilles are all are very similar--straight up-and-down 7 slots, sometimes in a chrome grille, sometimes in a body color grille, depending on the trim level.

That said, the SRT8 version is pretty cool..though I'd rather have a diesel.

Weren't Jeep and Hummer both part of the same company at one time, so both have fair claim to that grille?

Weren't Jeep and Hummer both part of the same company at one time, so both have fair claim to that grille?

AMGeneral that built the HMMVVWV (whatever the name was, the hideous military thing that the H1 came from) was once owned by Chrysler... but the GM HUMMER entity has very little connection to that entity.