My Family's Curse.

DF brought up this point and I figured I would look back and see how many accidents there really has been. I'm going back until 2000, or so. There weren't many before then, not since my parents, aunts, and uncles were younger. It's mostly my generation that's had issues. :P

-My cousin Josh's first wreck, spinning into a tree with his Firebird back in 2000, a few months after getting his license.

pic1.jpg

-My cousin Josh's second wreck involved rear ending someone with his jacked up and modded Ford Ranger.

-My Mom's first wreck, when she slid into an embankment and a bridge with her Grand Am in 2002.

Carpic4.jpg

-My cousin Andy wrecked my Grandma's Sunfire in 2003 or 2004, the first day he had his license, spinning it into a tree at a high rate of speed.

-My Mom's second wreck, when she swerved to miss a deer and flipped her Blazer back in 2006.

WreckCB1.jpg

-My cousin Jen wrecked her Neon in snowy conditions, hitting a telephone pole in the winter of 06/07, a few months after getting her license.

jennywreckouch1.jpg

-My brother's wreck, where he fell asleep at the wheel and hit a steel sign in the fall of 2008.

broranwreck1.jpg

-My own dandy.

ahhjettagobyebye2.jpg

Edited by blackviper8891

That's a lot of accidents, and bad ones. Glad nobody had any serious, permanent injury. Part of the problem seems to be related to geography. PA has some treacherous Indian trails masquerading as roads, and they are either not maintained, or they are difficult to maintain because of rocky soil, or underground springs, bedrock close to the surface, etc. Be careful, Vipes and family.

I gathered a few things from your sharing:

1: You are blessed to still have your family with you.

2: Your family has a love of stationary wooden objects - aside from mom and bro, most pictures involved wood.

3: You have a very nervous insurance person. I bet each time the phone rings, they JUMP!

Please be careful out there.

That's a lot of accidents, and bad ones. Glad nobody had any serious, permanent injury. Part of the problem seems to be related to geography. PA has some treacherous Indian trails masquerading as roads, and they are either not maintained, or they are difficult to maintain because of rocky soil, or underground springs, bedrock close to the surface, etc. Be careful, Vipes and family.

I think my brother won the worst wreck award, needing to be life-flighted.

Uhhh the insurance companies still deal with your family?

How much do they charge you???? 4x the normal rates?

I'm sure my cousin Josh's are through the roof.

Mine, judging by the difference in price via quotes, will be going up a little, but not too much higher than they already were. Actually, the Cobalt would have raised my rates more than my accident. It was something like $100 cheaper per month to have me as the Sunfire's driver, so that's how its set up.

Wow ... simply wow.

Good thing the injuries aren't as bad as the cars look, for the most part.

I only remember a couple collisions, distinctively anyway. The first I remember ... and I was in ... was with my grandmother back in the late 1970s. She was driving me back home in their '72 Impala sedan ... and she rear-ended a car turning left. It was a compact GM, but can't remember what she hit...I just remember the Impala did not have most of the damage ;).

The other collision that stands out in my mind ... was one I was not in. Mom was driving their '76 Monte Carlo ... and got hit in the rear passenger side quarter panel ... spun the car around.

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I'm in a state of confusion, I hope things aren't what they seem" ... Travis Tritt ... 'Tell Me I Was Dreaming'

Get an '80s M.B. W123 diesel, pref. NON-turbo....

or a Volvo 240 automatic.

Better yet, maybe a family-pack of bus passes. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...