You oughta be in pictures

ocnblu

I rented a couple of movies last night from the everloving Blockbuster. One of them was The Incredibles. It was my first time seeing it, what a fun, action packed story! I love it.

I also asked for the earlier version of Crash, with one of the Arquette sisters (no, not Alexis, ha) and I think James Spader and a fine Lincoln Continental convertible... unfortunately, they don't carry it... why was I not surprised.

Has anyone seen any good movies lately, either first-run or home video?
Edited by ocnblu

The last movie I saw was "The Fog." It was horrible and I didn't want to go but was made to by my friend. I'm not one to go to the movies unless the movie looks really good. Even then, I'll probably just rent it. Too expensive.

The Incredibles is a greatly entertaining movie, and not even within the genre of kid-oriented movies.
I don't see movies as often as I'd like. Rented Million Dollar Baby & House of Wax last week; HOW wasn't very good and MDB was good but I couldn't really get into it.
The movie that has been resonating in me since I saw it this summer is the [i]Dawn of the Dead
(2004). The interplay of music and imagery clicked for me to the point I have to call it a "great" movie. The opening of Johnny Cash's [i]The Man Comes Around
with split second shots of screaming zombies is cinematic gold.

Kicking & Screamig was awsome! There's a sceene at the begining that only lasts about 25 sec. but it's worth renting the Movie just for that. Let's just say it involves a Hummer & Prius. I love Will Farrel. Marcia recently bought me Old School on DVD but I still have to get Anchorman & Elf. Me & Ross watched Smokey & the Bandit last night. B)

Just watched Midnight Cowboy. In the last two weeks I have also seen Kicking and Screaming, the new version of The Longest Yard and Naked Gun..... I also am planning on watching Smokey and the Bandit either today or tomorrow. Can't get enough of that movie. "I'm gonna find the tallest tree in the country and I'm gonna hang you from it"

NO, no the best line in the Bandit is this: "There is NO way you could have come from my loins, the first thing I'm going to do when I get home is punch your Mama in the mouth!" You have to keep in mind to us that sounds rough but in 1977 beating your wife was still P.C. :ph34r:

NO, no  the best line in the Bandit is this:

"There is NO way you could have come from my loins, the first thing I'm going to do when I get home is punch your Mama in the mouth!"
You have to keep in mind to us that sounds rough but in 1977 beating your wife was still P.C. :ph34r:

[post="45623"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No it wasnt :(

We just werent all uptight and knew that was a joke. I think that was a take off on "Alice one of these days" did it ever appear that Alice was afraid ? I think Ralph had his guard up however.

I dont know why that stuff was so funny? Like the three stooges beating the crap out of each other all the time. Now today we have every other cartoon character pukeing all over everybody and everything, improvement ?

Ive seen so many movies I cant remember the names and tie them in with the scripts. Any and all that really connect with me are more realistic and down to earth types, or hysterically stupid like Wagons East. Chris Farley, such a loss.

I recently saw Octagon again, first time since I saw it in theater back in ? 77?. talk about cheezy, sorry Chuck but Jackie Chan you are not ! Now theres some movies I have always enjoyed, Jackie Chan is the stuff. Back in 77 we thought that Octagon was some serious action, sad but true. A dozen Ninja's making girating motions giving Norris ten seconds to wind up and kick them in the head. I like Chuck for what he stands for just the same, and I would not want to aggravate him, Im sure I would wind up making girating motions :lol:

I watched Goodfellas last night. Great movie.

[post="45645"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Ha ha! That's next on the OnDemand que for me.

I love my original Firethorn Red Coupe DeVille and could never repaint it since it's came that way from the factory and is rare in and of itself, but I will say that the copper-metallic Coupe Deville Ray Leota has in that movie is one of the most Bitchin Movie Car Caddys ever made.

Holland's junkyard had a car exactly like it (except for the continental kit) and even though the car was 95% intact and there was no body damage on it they crushed it. I was so pissed about that I was spitting nails. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Last Tuesday I watched The Weatherman with a friend. I thought it was pretty good, but the funny bits were too far apart. My friend didn't really like it much. Some great inner dialogue by Nick Cage's character, and "cameltoe" makes a hillarious cameo. :lol: Michael Caine was great as the father with strong advice, like "easy doesnt enter into grown up life"..."sometimes you must chuck things in life". ^_^

Pesci: Hey Ma, can I borrow a Butcher knife... we hit one of them things with ther antlers... wadayacall 'em?! ummmm.... DEER, yeah and we got one of the Hoofs stuck in the grille.

I wasn't planning on seeing it but I saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire yesterday. It was pretty good and I wasn't as lost as I thought I'd be having not seen the first three movies.

[post="45652"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I saw Harry Potter at the midnight showing... I liked it. Much darker than the others. According to my friends, some sub-plots were left out or merely hinted at that would have made the movie more interesting. It’s still a good movie.

I was forced to go see Zuthura. Just as I thought... Jumanji, but with a space theme. It wasn't a waste of money, but wait for On-Demand or video if you don't have kids screaming to go see it.

Watched Office Space again. I don't think I'll ever get tired of that.

[post="45769"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Hiiiii there Brian, I was going to ask you go ahead and stop complaining about RV, M-kay? Yeah... that'd be great.