Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Intrepidation

I've got the Modding bug for my plane too

14 posts in this topic

So in addition to tinkering with my car I've started tinkering with my plane. After not one but two crashes yesterday which managed to do a good chunk of damage to the plane, I fixed it up and did another upgrade. It now has larger wheels, because they look cool and more proportionate, but more importantly they make the plane more stable during taxiing, takeoff, and landing on grassy surfaces. Since we always fly in a field, this has made life much easier. Made a huge difference today.

Naturally I can't resist an excuse to take photos. :P Besides, Captainnbooyah wanted to see them.

IMG_2850.jpg

IMG_2852.jpg

IMG_2853.jpg

IMG_2861.jpg

IMG_2863.jpg

IMG_2866.jpg

IMG_2868.jpg

IMG_2871.jpg

Nice rims. You know I think Tattoo could actually fly that himself if he were around.

Nice looking plane...

Chris

Looks great! Or I guess it looked great before hitting the lamp-post. :P

Only had my cell phone with me so the photos aren't that great:

motor-1.jpg

housing.jpg

Basically it cracked the firewall and the motor housing.

Mid-air collision FTL

how about a bovine strike? hehe i can claim that one. was in my grandpas pasture with a cheapie 2 channel rc plane. was circling the cows and they didnt seem to mind. though lets have a go at some barnstorming. tried to fly under one of the larger heffers and she jumped and kicked it as it went under her belly, hehe stomped it into the ground.

LOL that's funny...also a member of Super Cub forums had a similar crash.

If the planes were higher up and/or my battery had some more juice in it, I could have pulled up, but instead it got friendly with the ground. My friend's managed to escape though...I call hit and run!

Today was an off day though, both servos were out of calibration and it didn't fly right for the first part of the day, resulting in a broken propeller. After that was fixed it flew well until the collision.

I've decided to put together an on site repair kit to fix small breaks on site (propellers, wing struts and the sort).

Also upgraded my wiring so the tail light blinks and I have a quick release for the wing wiring.

Nice rims. You know I think Tattoo could actually fly that himself if he were around.

He shot himself in the face. :blink::(

Lookin good..need some chrome rims w/ spinners on there, though.. :)

Lookin good..need some chrome rims w/ spinners on there, though.. :)

NO!

Though a smoke kit would be neat...wonder if it would be too heavy for the stock motor though.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0