That satisfactory feeling when you accomplish something

So I finally got the Buick home, and it actually accelerates and doesn't smoke or smell like gas or exhaust. But I never fixed the other little things, so its a kinda hollow victory. Still no new radio, no cruise control and the headliner is still duct taped up. And it needs a windshield. But at least we'll be able to get the kayaks to the lake without having to pray they dont act like a sail on the Prius. In the long term, I think I'm going to reverse my stance and say that I'll be willing to yank the 307 in favor of something a little ballsier.

Also, I got my bike rebuilt and put a new seat on it, but that also feels hollow, mostly because I want a new bike.

A little at a time, Satty. For the headliner, if the board is still good, you can buy the material for next to nothing and glue it on yourself. It's a lot cheaper than a new headliner.

What went wrong with the bike?

Congrats man, I think it's quite a victory that you got the engine to run better. My car is still out of action, it looks like I'll betaking the Prizm to the LH Meet Sunday. :(

Since the weather's been $h!ty I decided to actually rebuild one old these old models...we'll see how it goes.

Congrats to all, these are all great accomplishments. Remember a step forward even a little one is better than any step backwards. Have a great weekend.

A little at a time, Satty. For the headliner, if the board is still good, you can buy the material for next to nothing and glue it on yourself. It's a lot cheaper than a new headliner.

What went wrong with the bike?

I want to do something different with the headliner, I had actually considered leather because that could be pretty cool, but with the cloth seats it would seem out of place.

I wiped out on the bike last weekend, and figured that would be a fine opportunity to do some maintenance that needed to be done. So I replaced all the cabled, the chain and the rear tire, since it was crazy-worn, as well as finally putting a new seat on.

white-tiger-print velour, maybe?? :P

Anyway, I just finished upgrading the road bike to 9 speed with Ultegra STI shifters/derailleurs. I don't know why I was holding off on index shifting for so long, probably because people I ride with have STI shifters that seemed to shift sloppily from the day they got their bikes. The new gear took no time to set up and adjust, and the shifts are so crisp. It's just about the coolest thing you can do to a 1981 Schwinn. Can't wait to take it on a nice long ride.

I saw a vinyl print of the cosmos, I think it would be cool to put that in a car as your headliner, then you would always feel like you had the top down and plenty of space. :P Would be cool to have it in a car with full reclining bucket seats and that special someone, the right tunes playing. You all get the point! :P

And then in place of a single dome lamp, you could have Dodgefan wire in multiple tiny white lights to represent the stars. Open the door, and BAM, a soft, white glow uniformly lighting your interior.

Cracked open the door on the shop Sat- started cleaning out Bay #3 for an impending... new guest. Details & pics to follow...

Decided my shop just isn't... welcoming enough to draw me out there regularly... but got half of that bay clean and I gots that feeling of accomplishment.... a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
Serious? I thought you said you had constant trouble with your Fusion radio.:huh:

:P

So far I cant complain about this radio. I love the idea of an in-dash iPod docking station, my only concern is the durability of the faceplate, since I'll be removing the iPod 2-3 times per day. The display wouldn't stay closed, but the one in the car works fine.. It was a clearance item at Best Buy, normally $249, I paid $158.