2006 Detroit Auto Show

November 30, 2005 Glimpse into the 2006 Detroit auto show. by Mathieu St-Pierre , Auto123.com As is the case every year, the North American International Auto Show is quite the show. At this point, 6 weeks away from the car event of the continent, over 30 unveilings have been scheduled. For the 2005 show, all the car manufacturers combined for just over 60 premiers and concepts. This means that we should expect the number to double over the next few weeks for the 2006 Extravaganza. So far, nearly every builder that sells their product in North America has indicated that they will have something for everyone. Here is a brief list of what to expect: Audi Q7 SUV and S6 BMW Z4 Coupe and M Roadster Buick Enclave Crossover Dodge Caliber Ford Edge Jaguar XK Convertible Jeep Compass and TJ (Wrangler) Kia Magentis (Optima) Lexus LS460 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Nissan Versa Saturn Vue Greenline Toyota Camry Volkswagen Eos Concepts should include: Chevrolet Camaro Dodge Challenger Honda FCX Hyundai HCD-9 Mini Traveller Subaru B5-TPH

Okay, some people might hit me here, but I'm interested in seeing a few of the imports on the list. I'm anxious to see the final outcome of the Camry--some nice pics, find out the specs. I think Toyota NAILED the interior, while the exterior, well, it has the same reaction as the current generation did when I first saw it--"Umm... no." I want to see the LS460 only because Lexus has been saying how it's going to get bold in styling. Let's see if they can live up to their words. The Enclave, well, I think is going to be stunning--I have faith in it and I believe it'll be a great successor to the Rendezvous and will help Buick continue on its path to success. Saturn Vue Green Line... I think it's going to be such a hit! I mean, take an SUV people like, make a hybrid out of it that GM DESPERATELY needs, and give it a great name (like the idea of green line and red line with Saturn)... think we're sitting on gold here. Camaro Concept... DUH... I may not be a big fan of sports cars, but even I was extremely upset when the Camaro went. Bring it on and kick some ass GM! BMW Z4... fan of the car, want to see the coupe and M roadster. Nissan Versa? I must have missed this one--what is that going to be?! :unsure:

The Versa is a very awkward looking four door hatchback economy car to slot below the Sentra.  The interior isn't bad, though, for the class.

[post="51099"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

There's also a Versa 4-door notchback sedan-it and the 5-door hatchback sedan come in 1.8 and 1.8S (I think) trims, and they have a lot of equipment standard and optional, at pretty decent prices, and pretty lame interiors-at least when compared to Altima (nice) or Quest (futuristic).

Okay, some people might hit me here, but I'm interested in seeing a few of the imports on the list.

I'm anxious to see the final outcome of the Camry--some nice pics, find out the specs.  I think Toyota NAILED the interior, while the exterior, well, it has the same reaction as the current generation did when I first saw it--"Umm... no."

I want to see the LS460 only because Lexus has been saying how it's going to get bold in styling.  Let's see if they can live up to their words.

The Enclave, well, I think is going to be stunning--I have faith in it and I believe it'll be a great successor to the Rendezvous and will help Buick continue on its path to success.

Saturn Vue Green Line... I think it's going to be such a hit!  I mean, take an SUV people like, make a hybrid out of it that GM DESPERATELY needs, and give it a great name (like the idea of green line and red line with Saturn)... think we're sitting on gold here.

Camaro Concept... DUH... I may not be a big fan of sports cars, but even I was extremely upset when the Camaro went.  Bring it on and kick some ass GM!

BMW Z4... fan of the car, want to see the coupe and M roadster.

Nissan Versa?  I must have missed this one--what is that going to be?!  :unsure:

[post="51098"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Damn, you read my mind for the most part. I'd never buy one, but I'm interested in the Camry to see the final pics/specs, since it's considered the benchmark. I agree 100% that they nailed the interior, while the exterior is typical Camry boring, IMO. I'm interested in the LS for the same reason. I can't wait to see the Enclave; it hink it will a show stopper and the most significant vehicle there. Period. I'm VERY interested in the next G coming this fall, since I may very well buy one. I'm also wondering if there will be a production RDX and a concept Infiniti CX shown. The other car I'm really anxious to see is the production Aura.