If we all got along, we'd have less entertainment

Even though people are disillusioned by negative ads, it makes sense for politicians to employ them. Why? In most cases, negative things are remembered more than positive....

I wonder if this is because, in some cases, we are embarrassed by or don't believe we deserve the positive...? These 2 comments about me, though very cool, were just WEIRD for me to read...like I was stepping into someone else's life.... They came out of the blue....

T-REX, GMI 2008:

"SPIRIT

This award goes to the GMI member that has consistently over the years given us posts that lift the spirit and help us see beauty in the tiniest, and often most seemingly insignificant things.

knightfan26917"

66STANG, C&G 2008:

"Cheers to knightfan, for having and keeping a garage full of old cars I'd love to own. He hasn't been posting here as much, but I enjoy it when he posts."

IMHO, it's a sad commentary on society that the negative is remembered more than the positive. This erodes the "why can't we all just get along" mantra/question that always pops up whenever "flame wars" develop. I'm a proponent of "getting along" ... at least in terms of respecting each other, whether our opinions agree or not. After all, if we agreed on everything, life would be boring. Besides, in some ways, conflict provides humor. Sometimes, you look back at some of the comments made, wondering just what the heck the person was thinking when they wrote ... and posted ... them. I think we are ALL guilty of that at times. These 3 are SELECT (I remember MANY more) not-so-flattering comments posted about me ... that now make me laugh...!

FRIEND, in an Email to me, Father's Day 2009:

"Happy Father's Day. Oh, wait. You're not a father; you ONLY have a nephew. You don't know how good it feels to be creating your offspring, nor do you know how awesome it is to actually be a Dad."

COMMENTARY:

I know this friend was trying to get under my skin. Maybe he did for a bit, but he writes the truth, which is more than I can say for a few companies.... Besides, I love "nephew time" ... can hardly believe he is 8 MONTHS OLD ALREADY!!!

GBO, in reply to 84MM's query about what I was thinking:

"He's thinking maybe one of us will give him a new 10" diamater black dildo to ram himself ... as a welcome back gift."

COMMENTARY:

Wow, he wants to give me something ... and then tell me how to use it!

MB:

"Cort is an idiot. Nobody wants to see his comments.... Monte Carlos are one of the cheapest pieces of crap ever come up with by Chevy, which is synonymous for piece of crap."

"What a dumb a$$."

COMMENTARY:

He missed hurting me by a LONG shot. He obviously has NO clue about my opinion about Ch#$r%*et since, oh, the mid to late 1980s, starting with the Toyota Nova/Chevy Corolla.... And, yep, I am a dumb a$$; however, MB's impersonation of Red Foreman ("That '70s Show") leaves a LOT to be desired....

NOW ... that all written ... what have people written/said about you that ... now makes you laugh ...OR... blew you away for the better?

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Why are we so blind to see that the ones we hurt are you & me" ... Coolio ... 'Gangsta's Paradise (Dangerous Minds)'

Edited by knightfan26917

Where should I start? Thats funny that somebody would say that about the Monte Carlos being pieces of crap. Must be a Toyota/Honda lover. People dont have the nerve to say stuff like that to me. I dealt with enough of that as a kid because people thought I was slow/retarted that I dont tolerate that now. It is also amazing to me sometimes how people comment that a person(myself) is 33 years old, single,with no kids. There must therefore be something wrong with me according to said people to be in this stage of my life and not be married and have children. I have 4 nieces and a great nephew which at times is more than enough. Got a new house,new car,2 old nice cars, what more does one need?

Maybe we dont want to see MB's comments either.

I'd be afraid to see what people would say about me.... I know I can be interesting, that is for sure. My Cavalier thread is a good example....

But your Cavalier thread is a good example of what is right about Cheers and Gears. We are all...in our own way...GM fanatics.

The Cavi was the car that made me fall in love with small cars. Read about eleventy billion of my posts and you'll see how I feel about small cars.

I'm just glad someone else understands the "love" of a Cavi...

Chris

But your Cavalier thread is a good example of what is right about Cheers and Gears. We are all...in our own way...GM fanatics.

The Cavi was the car that made me fall in love with small cars. Read about eleventy billion of my posts and you'll see how I feel about small cars.

I'm just glad someone else understands the "love" of a Cavi...

Chris

Thanks! ^_^

• 3 weeks later...
It is also amazing to me sometimes how people comment that a person(myself) is 33 years old, single,with no kids. There must therefore be something wrong with me according to said people to be in this stage of my life and not be married and have children.

Heh ... I didn't even THINK about that. My goodness mercy me ... that's another one that gets to me. Society is based on couples/families; if you're single, you are worthless...period. Ughola.

I look at it this way: If I never offend anyone, I'm not being honest.

*nods*

I like that one, Camino! I'm going to have to use it ;).

It IS so frustrating that the negative seems to outweigh the positive. Case in point, I was sharply reminded Saturday, July 25 that...

...silence roars volumes.

(and)

...actions speak louder than words.

Yet, I remember those more than 2 things posted in that timeframe about me....

"I love what you add to this forum, it always lightens the mood!"

[HA! I wish I felt that way all the time....]

(and)

"You possess a drive, a spirit, a willingness, and an unflappable ability to remain cheery in the face of some dire circumstances."

[ironically, much of the time, I don't feel that way at all ... just the opposite in fact..... And, yet, I try ... and maybe that's what counts!?]

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 = Sept 5-16, '09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Mistakes become regrets" ... Carolina Liar ... 'Show Me What I'm Looking For'